Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CEO - What are the basic principles of DC Training?

the_alcatraz

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
Hook me up brother.

The Basic principles are: heavy progressive weights, lower volume but higher frequency of bodyparts hit, multi-rep rest pause
training, extreme stretching, carb cuttoffs, cardio, high protein intake and blasting and cruising phases (periodization).

There's a lot to explaining the specifics of DC though, but your best source of info for that is to go to intensemuscle.com and read all the stickies in the dogg pound forum. Read them several times to understand them. It's all been written and I can't do it any better than it's already been done. I have copy/pasted over 100 pages of posts into word documents I've saved on my pc for easy reference. I still refer to them from time to time a year later.

The Basic principles are: heavy progressive weights, lower volume but higher frequency of bodyparts hit, multi-rep rest pause
training, extreme stretching, carb cuttoffs, cardio, high protein intake and blasting and cruising phases (periodization).

There's a lot to explaining the specifics of DC though, but your best source of info for that is to go to intensemuscle.com and read all the stickies in the dogg pound forum. Read them several times to understand them. It's all been written and I can't do it any better than it's already been done. I have copy/pasted over 100 pages of posts into word documents I've saved on my pc for easy reference. I still refer to them from time to time a year later.

Is all the extreme stretch done with weights? I know that for chest it usually done with dbls like lower position of the chest flyes... What kind of stretch would be good for shoulders? Also it's done right after the heavy set or not?

how long is a single DC workut.

Will loot at the source.

they take me between 75 and 90 minutes with the "B" workout usually taking the least amount of time. I know that is a lot for some, but you are only training three times a week.

training only three times a week, don't think that's for me.

It won't seem like it. You'll quickly feel that you are hitting the same muscles very hard but with more frequency than the standard volume splits. You will welcome the recovery days!

you think so?

Yes, did DC legs on Monday, I was meant to train on Wednesday, my legs were seriously mullered, couldn't face training anything, took an extra day and trained last night.

My training buddy is getting used to the idea,he is still not going heavy enough, but our first rest-pauses last night had him saying a few bad words.

Training legs again tomorrow.

I grow more the fewer days a week I train. I made significant progress when I dropped from training 5-6 days a week to 4, now I think three is going to be great for the next six months or so.

Yes, did DC legs on Monday, I was meant to train on Wednesday, my legs were seriously mullered, couldn't face training anything, took an extra day and trained last night.

My training buddy is getting used to the idea,he is still not going heavy enough, but our first rest-pauses last night had him saying a few bad words.

Training legs again tomorrow.

I grow more the fewer days a week I train. I made significant progress when I dropped from training 5-6 days a week to 4, now I think three is going to be great for the next six months or so.

Be sure you're getting a really good stretch and holding for at least 60 seconds. It should be rather painful, but muscle pain from stretching, not joint pain...you know.

The extreme stretching is very key to recovery. I have been pressed for time in a workout before and in my haste had forgotten to stretch triceps once and hamstrings another time. Boy did I feel it over the next few days! I could totally tell the difference, and recovery was much slower.

If you are doing one of his prescribed stretches and aren't getting a good stretch, you can also change it to a stretch you can feel and you know you are getting a good stretch. I had to do that with the quad stretch. There are a couple variations of the tricep stretch that people seem to be split on too.

At your level of training you will know what is working for you. ;)

Top Bottom