Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CEO - What are the basic principles of DC Training?

I could not do the sissy squat quad stretch. It murdered my knees. I stretch my quads one at a time using a split squat type stretch. I am going to try the cable shoulder stretch today.

Is all the extreme stretch done with weights? I know that for chest it usually done with dbls like lower position of the chest flyes... What kind of stretch would be good for shoulders? Also it's done right after the heavy set or not?

not always with weights, sometimes with bodyweight as resistance. Be careful on that chest stretch, it should stretch your chest and not your shoulders. Keep your elbows and the weights close to your body and let your elbows sink down under the weight and keep your sternum high.

Look at this link:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/c...ant-fascia-stretching-595445.html#post8172551

the sissy squat stretch is murder after a widowmaker. My thighs are so damn pumped it takes a while to even get down into position. I don't notice it on my knees though, lucky i guess.

Other than the recovery benefit, i'm really getting flexible fast. Last time after hams i stretched each really hard separately. Then just out of curiosity i stood sideways to the mirror and went down to just touch my toes with knees locked. I couldn't believe how far i could go down. Seeing myself in the mirror with my head almost to my knees was freaky.

I grow more the fewer days a week I train. I made significant progress when I dropped from training 5-6 days a week to 4, now I think three is going to be great for the next six months or so.

This is true for everyone no matter how much gear they are on or how much they just love to be in the gym. If you train hard, then 3-4 days a week is going to be more than enough.

DC leg days are great, By the time you are squatting you are already taxed. I have yet to train DC for legs and not puke.

Be sure you're getting a really good stretch and holding for at least 60 seconds. It should be rather painful, but muscle pain from stretching, not joint pain...you know.

The extreme stretching is very key to recovery. I have been pressed for time in a workout before and in my haste had forgotten to stretch triceps once and hamstrings another time. Boy did I feel it over the next few days! I could totally tell the difference, and recovery was much slower.

If you are doing one of his prescribed stretches and aren't getting a good stretch, you can also change it to a stretch you can feel and you know you are getting a good stretch. I had to do that with the quad stretch. There are a couple variations of the tricep stretch that people seem to be split on too.

At your level of training you will know what is working for you. ;)

I must admit, we forgot to stretch on Monday, and I couldn't do the quad stretch as well at home.

Never again.

And yes, the extreme stretching hurts.

In a sort of good way though.

Yes, did DC legs on Monday, I was meant to train on Wednesday, my legs were seriously mullered, couldn't face training anything, took an extra day and trained last night.

My training buddy is getting used to the idea,he is still not going heavy enough, but our first rest-pauses last night had him saying a few bad words.

Training legs again tomorrow.

I grow more the fewer days a week I train. I made significant progress when I dropped from training 5-6 days a week to 4, now I think three is going to be great for the next six months or so.

I tried training 4 days a week....the guilt trip was horrid, but I see what you're saying about recovery.

guilty that you're only training 4 days a week :confused::worried:

When training with this method three days a week is plenty. We are hitting PR's on every exercise for every workout. This constant progression can only be maintained if volume is controlled. Anymore than three times a week and you will only progress for so long until you stall. I like to improve every workout.

I actually plan on missing at least one Friday per blast. I think this extra rest extends the blast. Something the new Dcers in this thread might want to think about. Skipping a Friday or Monday mid blast will extend your blasting time.

Top Bottom