Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio Cardio Cardio

I just started dieting last week. Measurements and readings after a week seem skewed, was at 20.7 % last week and dropped only 3 lbs since then in a week and am now at 18.0% after taking 3 readings and having them all say the same thing (fatTrack 2 calipers). Thats 6 lbs of fat loss? lol. I'm guessing my first week's readings were very flawed somehow, amybe too much excess water in the cells.

I'm going outside right now for my first cardio venture of the year, since it's finally warm. can't wait to get out there, however, this year, now that i have calipers and can really measure fat loss % on a weekly basis, Im only going to be doing one cardio session per week until i stop losing 2-3 lbs a week, then i'll still not even do another session, but just start adding in a wee bit more supplements (some sesathin, more thermorexin, then clen+t3.) Makes sense to add in more cardio last as I think the body adapts to the cardio faster than it would the supplements, last thing I want to end up doing is 5 hours of cardio a week just to maintain fat loss cause my body adapted to it.

Easy goes it with me this year for the cardio. Plus my standard workouts now are freaking demons. My training looked like this yesterday:

A1: Overhead Squat 1x10
A2: Push Up 1x10
A3: Split Squat 1x10
A4: Bent Over Row 1x10
A5: Hanging Leg Raise 1x10

Rest 2 Minutes
Repeat A1-A5

Rest 2 Minutes
Move on to Bs

B1: DB Front Squat 1x10
B2: Flat DB Bench Press 1x10
B3: Elevated Full Lunge 1x10
B4: Horizontal Ball Pull Up 1x10
B5: Incline Leg Raise 1x10

Rest 2 Minutes
Repeat B1-B5

Total Sets: 20
Total Rest: 6 min

Torturous.

OMEGA said:
I just did 40 minutes of AM cardio Empty Stomach on the revolving Stair Case named the "Guantlet" and had no carbs after 12 yesterday and thought I was going to pass out lol.

anyone who has not been doing cardio really should start by doing it at least twice a week whether your bulking or not.......

I can do Legs and Squats all day and thought that was keeping me in cardio shape, but it was not!

There is just "SOMETHING" about plain old cardio

just a public service announcement :artist:

The "Gauntlet" is brutal man. I seen that thing eat ppl alive and spit'em out.

I started a serious fkn plan 2 1/2 weeks ago doing cardio 6-7x a week, 20 min of the stairclimber then go right to 25 min of jump rope, nothing but water and Stacker 2 in my stomach. I get that same nauseous feeling, but I dropped a pant size already. Also, that shakey leg thing happens where I feel like a newborn calf. Man it sux.

toxicsambo said:
The "Gauntlet" is brutal man. I seen that thing eat ppl alive and spit'em out.

I started a serious fkn plan 2 1/2 weeks ago doing cardio 6-7x a week, 20 min of the stairclimber then go right to 25 min of jump rope, nothing but water and Stacker 2 in my stomach. I get that same nauseous feeling, but I dropped a pant size already. Also, that shakey leg thing happens where I feel like a newborn calf. Man it sux.
stepmill and jump rope kicks ass
right on!
i also like to do sprint drills on the court

Burning_Inside said:
I just started dieting last week. Measurements and readings after a week seem skewed, was at 20.7 % last week and dropped only 3 lbs since then in a week and am now at 18.0% after taking 3 readings and having them all say the same thing (fatTrack 2 calipers). Thats 6 lbs of fat loss? lol. I'm guessing my first week's readings were very flawed somehow, amybe too much excess water in the cells.

I'm going outside right now for my first cardio venture of the year, since it's finally warm. can't wait to get out there, however, this year, now that i have calipers and can really measure fat loss % on a weekly basis, Im only going to be doing one cardio session per week until i stop losing 2-3 lbs a week, then i'll still not even do another session, but just start adding in a wee bit more supplements (some sesathin, more thermorexin, then clen+t3.) Makes sense to add in more cardio last as I think the body adapts to the cardio faster than it would the supplements, last thing I want to end up doing is 5 hours of cardio a week just to maintain fat loss cause my body adapted to it.

Easy goes it with me this year for the cardio. Plus my standard workouts now are freaking demons. My training looked like this yesterday:

A1: Overhead Squat 1x10
A2: Push Up 1x10
A3: Split Squat 1x10
A4: Bent Over Row 1x10
A5: Hanging Leg Raise 1x10

Rest 2 Minutes
Repeat A1-A5

Rest 2 Minutes
Move on to Bs

B1: DB Front Squat 1x10
B2: Flat DB Bench Press 1x10
B3: Elevated Full Lunge 1x10
B4: Horizontal Ball Pull Up 1x10
B5: Incline Leg Raise 1x10

Rest 2 Minutes
Repeat B1-B5

Total Sets: 20
Total Rest: 6 min

Torturous.

Only advice I wanna give you is watch yourself with those calipers man..... Reason I say that is, you can become obsessed with it, and it can negatively affect your training if you let it...... It isn't the Calipers that are evil mind you, it's just the constant measuring, and making adjustments based on the measurements..... I got totally wrapped up in this a few years ago, and it was great at first...... However, if I had a week where I didn't lose as much fat, or didn't gain as much muscle, I got depressed..... Ok, not REAL depression, but you are let down, and it can affect your mood...... Also, no matter how youre measuring, it can be wrong, unless you have access to water density testing..... Example: If youre using Calipers to do an Ab measurement, and you really want a good measurement this time, you can suck in a lil extra hard, or press the caliper extra hard to get that extra mm..... I know, I've done it, even if you don't do it consciously, you can do it, and it's not accurate...... At one point the calipers were telling me that I was 4.3% BF, and I knew I wasn't that lean by just looking at myself...... I wasn't doing the measurements the right way cause I wanted them to read what I wanted them to read..... It's hard to explain, but I've seen a few friends do similar stuff with their training..... I finally decided to not measure any more, and just go off what I see in the mirror, and what the scale says...... I don't even weigh myself much either, maybe twice per month, and we all know that scale weight means shit to a BB anyway..... My point is that I'm much happier in my training, and my progress this way..... Therefore, I'm more consistant in the gym, and I give it my all everytime, and it works better that way for me....

Also, as far as the body adapting to cardio, that isn't really true as you state it...... Sure, your body gets used to the stress, but it still has to burn calories while youre doing the exercise, there is no way to stop that..... i don't care if you walk the same path for 10yrs everyday, it will still burn a certain amount of calories EVERYDAY you do it...... The body doesn't figure out a way to wallk that path by burning less calories..... Expending energy equals calories burned, equals losing fat..... Sounds like youre a dedicated dude, which is the most important part of training and getting results you want...... However, just don't let it warp your thinking, or make you obsess on it..... Good luck bro....

rizz

I'm just glad you are doing cardio now. You have been telling me that for a long time. I think I may have to start doing it myself, I am almost 200lbs now at 5ft5. Powerlifting is cool, but I don't want to die like Anthony Clark either.

Keep it up Omega.

curgeo said:
I'm just glad you are doing cardio now. You have been telling me that for a long time. I think I may have to start doing it myself, I am almost 200lbs now at 5ft5. Powerlifting is cool, but I don't want to die like Anthony Clark either.

Keep it up Omega.

CurGeo in the house :)
yeah I am not deviating
I lost 2 chiks cus I was not on par 100%
superfical reasons I know but good reason non the less

Prizz said:
Only advice I wanna give you is watch yourself with those calipers man..... Reason I say that is, you can become obsessed with it, and it can negatively affect your training if you let it...... It isn't the Calipers that are evil mind you, it's just the constant measuring, and making adjustments based on the measurements..... I got totally wrapped up in this a few years ago, and it was great at first...... However, if I had a week where I didn't lose as much fat, or didn't gain as much muscle, I got depressed..... Ok, not REAL depression, but you are let down, and it can affect your mood...... Also, no matter how youre measuring, it can be wrong, unless you have access to water density testing..... Example: If youre using Calipers to do an Ab measurement, and you really want a good measurement this time, you can suck in a lil extra hard, or press the caliper extra hard to get that extra mm..... I know, I've done it, even if you don't do it consciously, you can do it, and it's not accurate...... At one point the calipers were telling me that I was 4.3% BF, and I knew I wasn't that lean by just looking at myself...... I wasn't doing the measurements the right way cause I wanted them to read what I wanted them to read..... It's hard to explain, but I've seen a few friends do similar stuff with their training..... I finally decided to not measure any more, and just go off what I see in the mirror, and what the scale says...... I don't even weigh myself much either, maybe twice per month, and we all know that scale weight means shit to a BB anyway..... My point is that I'm much happier in my training, and my progress this way..... Therefore, I'm more consistant in the gym, and I give it my all everytime, and it works better that way for me....

Also, as far as the body adapting to cardio, that isn't really true as you state it...... Sure, your body gets used to the stress, but it still has to burn calories while youre doing the exercise, there is no way to stop that..... i don't care if you walk the same path for 10yrs everyday, it will still burn a certain amount of calories EVERYDAY you do it...... The body doesn't figure out a way to wallk that path by burning less calories..... Expending energy equals calories burned, equals losing fat..... Sounds like youre a dedicated dude, which is the most important part of training and getting results you want...... However, just don't let it warp your thinking, or make you obsess on it..... Good luck bro....

rizz

thanks for the heads up. i only measure and weight once weekly and have done practice runs of the calipers to know how im going to do the measurement every time the exact same way. For the stomach area for example, instead of pinching with fingers, I actually stick the one end of the calipers right into my belly button, push in hard, then squeeze the fat together just to the point where it hurts very slightly and and I can barely squeeze another mm out of the measurement and then i clik the button. I think I have it down pat as I got the same exact reading over multiple tests in a row.

Top Bottom