Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carbs after 4pm on cheat days?

dEgeNeRaTe8211

Actually I that's just part of what I'm wondering.
See I started having cheat days a couple weeks ago. Yesterday was the second one I've had. Well, everytime I have a cheat food, (well I do really enjoy it) but I feel like I'm totally ruining all my good dieting throughout the week. Should there be limits on cheat days? Cuz I just have cookies and cookies I love and candy bars and cake with extra icing and ice cream bars and snack cracker stuff and loads of junk food. Well of course I have other stuff to to make sure I get enough protein. But I just feel so bad and yet so happy on cheat days. And also I was wondering if the rule of no carbs after 4pm applies on cheat days.

I for one on my "cheat day" try to eat my normal diet. I do have a serving of ice cream in the mid-morning, and will usually go out for dinner at about 6, which means I get a nice serving of carbs later than normal. I don't worry about it much.

Dear dEgeNeRaTe8211,

I have experienced the best results when I cut my food at 7pm and did not eat anything until the following morning. This "fasting" period, although not the best idea, does lower blood sugar, and stabilizes leptin levels, in my view.

PM me if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help.
Mr.X :cool:

I have a cheat meal the night before legs. BUt, don't use a cheat day or meal as an excuse to eat junk. The idea is to give your body more cals. to keep your metabolism humming along. Make those calories count--more food, better food, and no extra bad fat or sugar. Carbs still have to have fiber, fruit's okay, meat's good. You feel happy cuz the extra carbs spike seratonin, you feel lousy cuz your blood sugar spikes and then drops. That roller-coaster's not worth it for me.

I have been training for 6 months now, and find cheat days are the only way I can stick to such a strict diet. I don't hold back at all! But I do eat foods that are still healthy----I love to get a big salad, with all sorts of veggies and pour ranch on it. Fatty, but still it has nutrients.

I also still try to get in some protein. I will have a bar, or a protein shake on free days as well.

Eating after a certain time, I PERSONALLY, haven't seen a big difference in that.

Personally, I feel one shouldn't eat all kinds of junk food on cheat days cause it negates some (if not all) of what you've been doing all week. At the least, it slows your diet down. Just eat more of healthy foods and if you must throw in one meal where eat something less healthy. That's my opinion.

So.....
On these cheat days, I should be eating the same foods I usually eat, but just more for extra calories?
Is it still important to keep track of the prot, carb, and fat count?
Does it matter how much you over-eat? If so, how many calories more than AMR should you have?
Is it important to train on these days?

....just a few questions everyone's replies confused me about. Thanks for those, by the way.

I feel as though the 'cheat day' stays with me too long- tired, no definition
Instead I've limited to 'cheat meal', although still use restraint- only slice or 2 of pizza instead of the entire pie.
Used to freak out & really chow on cheat days- just not worth making up for it for days. Like Keiko said, the roller coaster is a drag.
I enjoy it early in the day - then the next workout is a killer.

My best workouts are after my cheat day. For example, my cheat day is Sun., so Mon and Tues i have my best workouts. As the week progresses i can see myself tiring out. Thank God for fat burners!!:D

M56M

Top Bottom