Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't eat any more!

wilson6 said:
Yes I know Susan personally. We go back many years.

Cool, you know her. She seems to have her head on right, but obiviously you guys don't agree much on the carb issue, because I don't think she mentions anything about carb cycling, and she has a lot of carbs in her meal plans (for bodybuilders), along with a correspondingly low amount of protein and fat.

wilson6 said:
8 g/kg for guys in the building phase, but for women? I think SPAT was on less than that and was well on her way to looking like the Hindinberg, and would have probably suffered the same fate had she continued.

:FRlol: :lmao: :FRlol: :lmao:

You're funny W6! I'm glad spatterson has balance and a sense of humour, else I'd be scared to come back to this thread! On the other hand, I was on 5-6g/kg for quite some time, and I can assure you, despite my relatively high bf%, I look nothing like the Hindenberg. (Maybe just a small whale :) )

wilson6 said:
As I have said, ad nauseam, rotating carbs for women. Probably don't need more than 3g/kg on a high carb day. For precontest dieting, less than that. UNLESS, you're a distance runner, rower, or mixed power/aerobic athlete with 3 hr practice sessions. Then you need high carbs every day or your performance will suck.

We're talking about bodybuilding, not competitive rowing.

W6

The rotation starts today - I'm on my second meal already - I will post updates to the board. (After I investigate rowing opportunities in my area - tee hee).

Well the good news is that you've made a start. If I were you I would ditch anything with fat in it for your post workout meals. You want to raise you insulin levels and get the carbs and protein into you ASAP. Fat will hinder both of these goals. Do not worry about the carbs pre-bedtime. You have to refill your muscles, plus most of your muscle growth happens while you're sleeping. At the end of the day it will be excess calories that get stored as fat, NOT carbs per se. I also recommend you try something like regular pasta instead of quinoa. Quinoa has a very low glycemic index. Save it for some of your other meals. The best thing to do now is to take the foods you've worked into your new diet and go to a page of glycemic indexes such as www.mendosa.com. Choose post workout carbs that are between 80 and 100 on the GI for your post workout meal. Even bananas only have a GI of around 60-70. Maybe try some grape juice?

Other than that, let the cycling begin. What I eat may not help you. I do a lot of endurance type exercise (mainly long hikes, mountaineering, x-country skiing and sea kayaking) and eat more carbs than I recommend other bodybuilders should eat. I am a natural bodybuilder in the sense that I have no trouble gaining LBM with minimal fat. Most people are not this lucky.

MS said:
Well the good news is that you've made a start. If I were you I would ditch anything with fat in it for your post workout meals.

Done! It's the tofu where most of it was coming from - 17g, plus 4g from quinoa. I had no idea tofu had so much fat. (And they don't have lite versions here, unfortunately - I asked).

MS said:
The best thing to do now is to take the foods you've worked into your new diet and go to a page of glycemic indexes such as www.mendosa.com. Choose post workout carbs that are between 80 and 100 on the GI for your post workout meal. Even bananas only have a GI of around 60-70. Maybe try some grape juice?

If I'm having a problem shoving all the carbs down, I'll go for the grape juice. I actually have mendosa's GI list on my bathroom wall (been studying) - but which index should I use? The glucose-based one I assume? There isn't much on there above 80. Pasta or white potatoes sound good, but he has them around 40-60. Having trained myself to head for the yams, wholegrain bread, brown rice etc., it feels kind of weird to be trying to go for such high GI stuff. Spoonful of honey? Pizza? (Just kidding :)) I do understand your reasoning here.

MS said:
Other than that, let the cycling begin. What I eat may not help you. I do a lot of endurance type exercise (mainly long hikes, mountaineering, x-country skiing and sea kayaking) and eat more carbs than I recommend other bodybuilders should eat. I am a natural bodybuilder in the sense that I have no trouble gaining LBM with minimal fat. Most people are not this lucky.

Not only are you lucky in that respect, but I'm jolly jealous of you doing all that hiking and climbing! I even took a mountaineering course last year, but then bodybuilding took over... I'll stick with it until I accomplish my goals, then re-evaluate. But I think humans can adapt to just about anything - even plain egg whites! (Gimme the salsa!!!)

Go with pasta, spuds or white rice. It was a little misleading of me to imply that the GI lists are the gospel when it comes to post workout nutrition. For instance, different varieties of spuds, or different storage methods and age, as well as cooking method can all affect the GI of the food. Older (starchier) well cooked (mashed!) is the best. New spuds that are steamed to al dente are the lowest GI. Same applies to pasta and rice. Just cook it well. Quinoa and tofu are way low on GI measure. Bananas are OK, maybe have 1 banana and some other starchy carb?

Anyway, be careful you don't get massive thighs if you ever want to return to mountaineering! Work those calves hard so they'll be up to front-pointing for long periods.........

spatterson said:

Maybe if you laid off the grape juice you wouldn't need to study in the bathroom. ;)

Heh heh. Actually - it's the 60g of FIBER I was eating every day up til Sunday that was increasing the number of bathroom visits. I have this creeping feeling that medosa's list is going to be gathering a little dust with my new diet.

MS said:
Go with pasta, spuds or white rice. It was a little misleading of me to imply that the GI lists are the gospel when it comes to post workout nutrition. For instance, different varieties of spuds, or different storage methods and age, as well as cooking method can all affect the GI of the food. Older (starchier) well cooked (mashed!) is the best. New spuds that are steamed to al dente are the lowest GI. Same applies to pasta and rice. Just cook it well. Quinoa and tofu are way low on GI measure. Bananas are OK, maybe have 1 banana and some other starchy carb?

Anyway, be careful you don't get massive thighs if you ever want to return to mountaineering! Work those calves hard so they'll be up to front-pointing for long periods.........

Thank you! :) Yes - I kind of thought so. I'd also read about riper bananas being higher on the GI scale.

Oh my gosh! Front-pointing! You've brought it rushing back - the screaming calves, but the most sublime bliss! One of the happiest times of my life!! Wish they had glaciers or something in Japan - thinking of doing a winter Fuji stroll-up this year just because I've already done it in summer and it's close-by. Wait til I get to Europe or further over east to do something that has ice.

Massive thighs! LOL - I wish - they're quite long though - I don't think I'm in the spatterson category. 'Course that doesn't stop me squatting til I'm purple!

Top Bottom