Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can chin ups be MASS exercise for the back?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

Can weighted chin ups be used for mass? Or is it only a "widening" , "v-taper", exercise?

Reply please,

thanks!

You mean THICKNESS, V-taper is mass too you know.....

Chins are important for the upper lats yes.....

However to build some serious back, beefing the lower lats, etch in that x-mass tree, the lower traps, teres romboids spine... you must throw in:

- DEADLIFTS (on back day)
- Stiff leg deadlifts (on legs day)
- Bentrow and reverse grip bentrow
- T-bar row
- dumbell rows or machine rows to finish

Stay away from those pulldown machines which allow you to talk and relax your spine while you pull down some puny weight!.

Yes

Chins ups are one of the best, if not THE best overall back develops. Of course you'll need a special apparatus with which to attach weight to yourself while you chin. Ironmind should be able to help you out with that.

Take care,
jeremy

PS There's no such animal as a "shaping movement"

goahead said:
You mean THICKNESS, V-taper is mass too you know.....

Chins are important for the upper lats yes.....

However to build some serious back, beefing the lower lats, etch in that x-mass tree, the lower traps, teres romboids spine... you must throw in:

- DEADLIFTS (on back day)
- Stiff leg deadlifts (on legs day)
- Bentrow and reverse grip bentrow
- T-bar row
- dumbell rows or machine rows to finish

Stay away from those pulldown machines which allow you to talk and relax your spine while you pull down some puny weight!.

Try them WITHOUT puny weights.....Why does everyone think you have to go lighter on machines? I do them with 315 lbs and do drop sets-its brutal.

i still have problems doing em with my bodyweight. so i alternate, one workout chins, the other pulldowns to the fron..i figure one of these days i have to get strong enough :)

My back has never grown as well as it has since I began doing weighted chins. I'm not that strong - it's taken me about 18 months to work up to 40lbs - but it all seems to help a lot.

I still don't enjoy them though!

My back has never grown as well as it has since I began doing weighted chins. I'm not that strong - it's taken me about 18 months to work up to 40lbs - but it all seems to help a lot.

I still don't enjoy them though!

Top Bottom