Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can anyone here do muscle ups on the rings?

JohnRobHolmes

just as the title says. just wondering. its a pullup into dip position if you are not familiar. from there you do a dip, back down into pullup- or more dips. whatever

I know I can't. I can do weighted chins and dips in low rep ranges, but not even come close to one muscle up. I think it's great exercise, but I mainly see little guys doing them. Not that big guys aren't capable of it, but as your weight increases your power to weight ratio generally drops making it much harder for bigger guys to be able to generate the kind of power needed to do a muscle up. That's why gymnasts are always short guys. The shorter and lighter you are, the greater your power to weight ratio can be. Personally, I think weighted dips and chins are better for development. The muscleup has a bit of technique involved too. For most guys I'd say regular dips, chins and pushups are best added at the end of a routine for bodyweight only development exercsies and coordination. I know a set of 10 pushups is very hard after a chest wrokout compared to doing them fresh.

Top Bottom