Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking while improving cardio

theoak01

who has done this and how hard is it?

my situation is I am in a police foundations program in college and fitness is part of my mandatory classes in which we do 1.5mile runs,and a B grade is doing it in 11-12 mins right now Im doing a 10 min mile on a treadmill,a tad faster outside for some reason, but Im just about to start my bulk cycle to get some weight back that I lost over the summer working swing shift, so what is my best approach at this.

I was thinking just run 2-3 times a week,which really shouldnt eat up to much muscle as Id be burning roughly 250cals each run and keep lifting 4-5xweek with a diet between 3-4k closer to 4

what do you guys think

Throw some sprints in there with your runs. More conducive to gaining muscle still with good cardio benefit. I don't think the short mileage will hurt your muscle gain all that much anyway, but just remember to keep your priorities (how important is the grade?).

And by golly run outside or on a track instead of on the treadmill, (unless the test is on a treadmill). A treadmill is a good sub for running outside/track, but it is not the same thing.

the grade is very important as I have to do this test when I apply to the police agency I want,so I will def take your advice and throw sprints in 1-2 times a week kinda like hitt training,and then use the training day for my class to just do the regular running.

as for outside not treadmill,I find it easier to use the treadmill since I am already at the gym

thanks for the help bro

I meant run on a track or outside as much as possible instead of the treadmill because it is a better, harder workout. Think about it - you have to move yourself forward when running on the ground. On a treadmill, the "ground" moves without your help, you don't have to run forward. A treadmill wins vs. nothing on any day of the week, but it follows the no pain no gain rule. It isn't as much work (pain) so it's not as beneficial for you (gain). I have been able to get faster times outdoors than on a treadmill too (I can think of a few reasons for this, none I am sure about), but pay attention to how fast you breathing picks up on a treadmill vs. outdoors/on a track.

Top Bottom