Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing for cardio

big_stud77356

Ive started to box for my cardio i was wondering if anyone else does this and what kind of results have you seen. If so do you have and good routines. Thanks

Shit yeah bro, best self confidence builder I have ever done in my life, better than just lifting weights and getting cut, well almost as good.

Me personally I started boxing the beginning of this school term (Junior in College) at the local gym due to just being curious. My reccomendation is just to build up your endurance before you really get into it, to get the full benefits.

But typically I do a Chest/Back workout (more for maintenance on my CKD) on Tue/Thurs, then do my boxing routine which is as follows:

3-3 minute rounds(on), 30 Sec (Off) of Jumprope (Speed rope)
1-3 min round (on), 30sec (off) heavy rope (like 3lbs)
5-3 min rounds with Weighted Gloves [4-6oz weights]
(off www.ringside.com -Contenders Pro bag glove-$50)
3-3 min rounds with weights taken out

Stretch and then do some very light biking to bring myself down
Hit the Sauana for about 10-20 min

Overall I like to go for the 5lb loss (water weight) to really get an intense cardio session in

its good stuff :) i do it almost every day at medium intensity for cardio, if u kick it up to high intensity i find it more tiring than running plus way more fun

how many cals burnt i dunno, but its tiring. and fun :)

boxing is an insane cardio workout. ive heard a standard pro boxing match burns as many calories as jogging 2 miles.

you sure about the Standard Boxing match burning as much calories as jogging 2 miles? That sounds way too low... I remember when I wrestled in H.S., that was 10x harder than running 5 miles, and was only 3 minutes. In boxing typically the rounds are 2 minutes at the least, and can go on for 10 rounds if need be (say an average of 5). You are going all out for 5 rounds, vs jogging 2-7 minute miles

Im another cardio hater so I switch it up and box 2 times a week.

I go hard for 1-2min sessions with 45-90min break then back on for about 30-45mins depending on my endurance that day

Slugfast said:
you sure about the Standard Boxing match burning as much calories as jogging 2 miles? That sounds way too low... I remember when I wrestled in H.S., that was 10x harder than running 5 miles, and was only 3 minutes. In boxing typically the rounds are 2 minutes at the least, and can go on for 10 rounds if need be (say an average of 5). You are going all out for 5 rounds, vs jogging 2-7 minute miles

Boxing burns way more calories than running, if anyone doesn't belive it they should try it.

Top Bottom