Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routine

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

Please critique my new routine... I train on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri and have been doing an upper/lower split for the past 6 months, but feel like changing into a bodypart split for the time being.

My new routine is as follows (warm-up sets not included)

MON - LEGS:
Squat - 4 x 8
Stiff-legged Deadlift - 3 x 8
Leg press - 3 x 12
Leg curl - 2 x 12
Calves - 4 x 12
Abs

TUES - SHOULDERS:
Standing BB press - 4 x 8
Seated DB press - 3 x 12
Lateral raises - 3 x 12
Front raises - 2 x 12

THURS - BACK & TRICEPS:
Pull-ups - 3 x 8 (with weight attached)
Deadlifts - 3 x 5
BB rows - 3 x 8
Weighted dips - 3 x 8
Skullcrushers - 3 x 8
Cable pushdowns - 3 x 8

FRI - CHEST & BICEPS
BB bench press - 4 x 8
DB incline bench - 3 x 8
Cable cross overs - 2 x 8
Standing BB curls - 3 x 8
Preacher curls - 2 x 8
DB curl - 3 x 8

Goals are to increase weight on the compound exercises each week to force the body to adapt.. I'm basically doing all the same sort of exercises as I was on my old program, just doing them in different days and in different orders.

QUESTION: On back day, would it be too much volume to do heavy on pull-ups, heavy deads AND heavy rows? In which order would you do these exercises?

Thanks

I've noticed that you're not doing anything specific for your rear delts?

Re: Bodybuilding Routines: Post Your Bodybuilding Training For Help With A New Routin

do you boys have trouble with chest? i'm getting really frustrated because i can't seem to make good gains in that area. i'm wanting strength rather than size(since my boobies are already bigger than most of you all.lol)

its my weakest area. and unlike other muscle groups, i don't seem to be making any progress. all i want is to bench my own body weight!

do you boys have trouble with chest? i'm getting really frustrated because i can't seem to make good gains in that area. i'm wanting strength rather than size(since my boobies are already bigger than most of you all.lol)

its my weakest area. and unlike other muscle groups, i don't seem to be making any progress. all i want is to bench my own body weight!

what rep range and exercises are you using?

what rep range and exercises are you using?

lately i've been doing shoulders with chest. heres the chest part. in the past i've also tried 12-15 rep range, and 6-8 rep range.

Warm-up: Chest Press machine 2 sets 15-25 reps
Chest Press Machine 3 sets 10 reps
Flat or Incline DB Presses 3 sets 10 reps
Pec Deck or Flyes 3 sets 10 reps

i never barbell bench press unless i have a spotter, so i don't get to do it every workout.

Do chest twice a week ( mondays and thursdays, or tuesdays and fridays) one day you will do bench 2x5-8 reps then inclined 2x8-10, then the other day you will start with inclined 2x5-8 and finish bench 2x8-10.

Warmup the way you see fit but don't get tired doing those light sets, once you hit 8 reps with the weight of the first exercise and 10reps with the 2nd increase by 5-10lbs.

If you try this feedback please :artist:

Do chest twice a week ( mondays and thursdays, or tuesdays and fridays) one day you will do bench 2x5-8 reps then inclined 2x8-10, then the other day you will start with inclined 2x5-8 and finish bench 2x8-10.
are u saying that those are the only exercise i should do with exception of warmup. or should i add a couple of exercises between start and finish?

are u saying that those are the only exercise i should do with exception of warmup. or should i add a couple of exercises between start and finish?

For chest strength yes, you'll be able to recover faster than if you did for example flyes and crossovers along the way, if you really desire to get a bodyweight bench press that's a smart thing to do, if anything i would recommend an extra set for each exercise, but not useless (strength wise) exercises. Think a bit like a powerlifter and don't worry you won't lose size ;)

also make sure your hitting tri's hard. most people fail with benching at the point where the tri's start to take over...

also make sure your hitting tri's hard. most people fail with benching at the point where the tri's start to take over...

yeah true. been working on that too.:)

thanks guys. I'll start next week! I'm determined to reach my goal before my birthday!

Top Bottom