Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilders vs. Powerlifters

Which do you like more?

• Bodybuilding

Votes: 96 30.5%
  • Powerlifting

Votes: 161 51.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 58 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
consider my self a bodybuilder but my friends often talk me into doing local bench contest consistently do 500-520 raw with pause how does this rate

I think it depends on the person and their genetics...I
ll use myself as an example. I am no muscle whatsoever. I mean I did a bodybuilding split with good volume and diet and everything, but I just didn't gain muscle. I switch to a strength routine and my strength skyrocketed and gained mroe muscle than doing a BBing split.

Plus, most PLers don't have to be fat. There's some that compete in meets with 10-15% BF.

But BB and PL is VERY different. Powerlifters have a definitive goal, a number, to measure themselves against. But with BB, it's very subjective. BB can boost confidence but there is no definate way of accomplishing a definate goal.

This rivalry reminds me of DOs v. MDs in the medical community. Nobody cares except for the elitist premeds who think DOs are a step away from chiropracters.

letsrun4it said:
This rivalry reminds me of DOs v. MDs in the medical community. Nobody cares except for the elitist premeds who think DOs are a step away from chiropracters.
I did nothing but bodybuild for 5 years and loved it. The last 2 years I stopped body building for 3 12 week cycles and trained powerlifting for bench contests. I still do bodybuilding during the rest of the year. I love both!

Im a bodybuilder who uses alot of powerlifting methodlogies in my training.
I beleive bodybuilding is more taxing as a whole because of the rigourousness of contest prep and the endless hours of cardio, low carb dieting, posing practice, endless discipline as far as the diet goes...etc
but I have MAD respect for the guys with the balls to climb under massive weights and test thier absolute physical limits

I admire what bodybuilders go through to accomplish there goals, but I prefer powerlifting. Besides, I like to eat alot.

I just started powerlifting. Did bodybuilding type routines for over 10 years. I think as far as workout routines go, powerlifting is far more taxing on the whole body. I tried to do ME type stuff every workout and I can tell that when I revisited body building style workouts, it was a relief.

Heavy power training is tough.

I have followed power training work outs.flat bench presses,squats ,clean and press and dead lift with rest as long 5 minutes doing 3rep and 1 rep max lifts.It was great to add bulk but i didnt have much shape.My calves were tiny my ass got huge from the squats, my chest and triceps and front delts got massive also. I looked really bulky and somewhat freaky with cloths on.In a pair of shorts and a tank top I was embassed my calves were tiny and my biceps didnt have any peaks at all .

So I ended up going back to more of a bodybuilding style work out with 3-4 excersizes per body part along with the 8-12 rep range .I still go down to the 1-3 rep range on deads,squats and presses but i just dont get a pump off it like I do with 8-12 rep sets.
I just hated having tiny calves and unpeaked biceps with no real lat spread
But it was a great foundation I built .i think all bodybuilders should focus on doing strength lifts for the white muscle fibers as well as doing 8-12 reps to develope the red muscle fibers.
I combination of both imo is the key

also i have some good lifts but the ephdrine and haloteston just makes me a asshole to deal with so I cant use um much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom