Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bodybuilders vs. Powerlifters

Which do you like more?

• Bodybuilding

Votes: 96 30.5%
  • Powerlifting

Votes: 161 51.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 58 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know, you can do both.. work up to a max triple, double or single and then do 1-2 higher rep (8-12) backdowns with a lighter weight. Best of both worlds if you don't overtrain

Yeah, I do both now. I alternate with sort of a ME and RE type thing. Seems to be working better and my joint aren't killing me. But I always felt stronger pushing ME every workout....

Then again, I'm in Iraq pushing the limits on human tolerance for heat exhaustion at every workout.

I like some of the points that some of you have made on here. Such as, "The best of the best respect each other." People that have that winning attitude aren't going around talking shit about other people. In our American culture we're taught at a young age to be competitive with one another. We are taught that it's the way to succeed. So some people express this by talking shit about other people in somewhat related areas of sports, of work, etc. It serves no purpose. It just creates negativity.
I for one like to incorporate my weight lifting with some powerlifting moves. I guess I would have to classify myself as a bodybuilder and am considered a bit vain. But I don't care. I'd rather be labeled as vain than be labeled a thief or a liar or terrorist. People go around talking shit about silly things or critizing others for reasons that have no value. I simply don't pay them any attention.
I love the way I feel when I do deadlifts, when I squat. I'm a bit awkward with the clean and jerk but I like to do it as well.
It's all good.

I use to be able to bench press 545 lbs, clean, with good form, with APF judges staring at my ass to make sure it didn't come up off the bench (I THINK that is why they were staring at my ass?). Fast Forward 5 years, and I can barely bench 315, but I have a trim waste line and abs. So, I have been on both sides of the fence. This is what I have come up with about Body Builders and Powerlifters: One puts on an extra tight shirt or a giant extra tight diaper to become stronger, the other one shaves his legs and wears a chicks underwear on a stage in front of a crowd of people. Which one is worse? I dUN'T KNOWW.

Personallly I always get a kick out of the gym rats, the ones that walk around the gym for 2,3,4 hours a day staring at all the different equipment, doing a set here and there, usually with 10 times too much weight for them and completely off the wall form, you think they would pick up a book on the subject or something...

What do you call someone that just works out for health? 'a work out dude', that's what my mom calls me. I'm a personal trainer, she calls me 'a work out dude'. Love it.

I think that with regards to doing my consults through EF, and throughout the years of consulting with PL's and BB'ers, I tend to get along with PL'ers more on a personal level.

Bodybuilding...the precontest phase especially...it's just all a bit too self-absorbed for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom