Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Birth Control (ortho low) and Bodybuilding and ephedrine...

I read that hormonal BC kills the sex drive in about 10% of women and that can be affected by how long you've been on it. Definately kills mine...no wonder they call it birth control, the shit makes me not even want to have sex! But supposedly the patch has less occurence of that because the hormone doesn't pass through your body in the same way since it's absorbed through the skin rather than digested. I've read a few articles on that. I figure it's worth a try.

Great info on this thread!

I thought I would throw in my experience as well....
I've been on the shot (depo) for many years now. In total, I have gone on it 3 times now, each lasting a couple years. Each time I stopped getting the shot, I GAINED weight. And each time I went on it, I LOST weight (this is unwanted weight by the way : )
A year ago, I tried BCP instead of the shot per DR. advice for side affects (tired, night sweats, etc.)
BAD idea! Boobs swole up like watermelons, very painful, bra's didn't even fit (all in about a week too) yooouuuuch!
And the weight, my god, you would have thought all i was doing was eating cookies all day...I was blowing up and fast! :inflate:
Well I gave it about 4 to 6 weeks and I quit taking them.
Got back on the shot with hopes to get the weight back off and return to my "normal" self...not so easy though. I have not been able to lose the last 10 lbs. Overall, a very terrible experience for myself.

Just proof that the girls were right....every "body" reacts differently.
Just my 2 cents, good luck with your choices.

I was on Ortho Tricycline awhile back and never noticed any negative side effects. The sex drive actually increased (the boyfriend at the time couldn't keep up). The two days before Aunt Flo came to visit I would gain a little bit of water weight, but I did that off of the pill too. It never got in the way of my conditioning goals, even after taking it for a year. As the other ladies have mentioned, BC hormone reactions will vary from woman to woman.

Nichole said:
Ohhhh nooooooooo....I had no idea that was a possible side effect...my DR DEFINITELY DID NOT tell me about that :(...and I asked what ALL possible side effects were :evil:

Like the girls said, hormones & their reactions are a very individual thing. The lower hormone pills are always a good place to start. Obviously when u get back on the pill, as w/ any hormone change, you can expect (not always, but don't be suprised) to experience some breakthrough bleeding or some sort of side while your body adjusts to it.

I used tri-phasal (i think the generic is trilevelin) for several years and never experienced any weight gain that I was aware of. I have, however, been off for the last 4 yrs since I went off for some competitions in 2000.

wooo...started it yesterday and let me tell you...my DR DID NOT WARN ME ABOUT THE POSSIBLE DIZINESS AND NAUSEA!

Top Bottom