Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Be Big W/O Being Strong

evilution79

Can a person be big, as in muscular, without being very strong or is strength necessary for muscular development? I know you can be small and strong (powerlifters), but how about the other way around.

Of course you can!

Just look at most pro bodybuilders. There are guys on the Olympia stage who can barely bench 315. No lie. That is an anomally however, most are reasonably strong but it is definitely possible to be damn big but very weak for one's size.

kind regards,
jeremy

Re: Of course you can!

Jeremy21 said:
Just look at most pro bodybuilders. There are guys on the Olympia stage who can barely bench 315. No lie. That is an anomally however, most are reasonably strong but it is definitely possible to be damn big but very weak for one's size.

kind regards,
jeremy

Dude, those guys are all fucking strong! Perhaps they can't squat 1000 pounds, but powerlifting is a lot of technique. And, really, do you truely believe that there's an Olympia competitor that can't even bench 315? You're nuts if you do.

Cackerot69 said:
Strong is a relative term, but no you can't gain muscle without getting stronger.

So if someone gains strength, they have also gained muscle? Likewise if someone loses strength, they have lost muscle? It is strange because I see some significantly smaller people bench more than me when I have about 15 lbs overall lean mass than them. I have also squated more than some of the bigger guys in the gym.

Re: Of course you can!

Jeremy21 said:

kind regards,
jeremy

You must have been thinking of something else cause i can guarantee that all the competitors on the stage can bench 315.

The pro bb that are that big are really strong. :)

evilution79 said:
Can a person be big, as in muscular, without being very strong or is strength necessary for muscular development? I know you can be small and strong (powerlifters), but how about the other way around.

YES!!! YOU CAN GET BIG BUT NOT STRONG

SYNTHOL AND IMPLANTS

"So if someone gains strength, they have also gained muscle? Likewise if someone loses strength, they have lost muscle? It is strange because I see some significantly smaller people bench more than me when I have about 15 lbs overall lean mass than them. I have also squated more than some of the bigger guys in the gym."

I did not say that, so please don't put words in my mouth. You can get stronger without getting bigger through increased nervous system efiiceincy, tendon, strength, favorable mechanics, among other things. But, a bigger muscle (note, actual muscle) will always be stronger because more actin and myosin produces more strength along with a larger sarcoplasm which are the two ways a muscle can grow. So, those guys that are smaller than you but are stronger are because of neural, tendon, mechanical or other non-hypertrophy related factors.

You can guarantee it eh?

sure you can.... ask Charles Poliquin. He has trained with many pro level bb'ers and he says there are in fact a decent number who can barely get up 315..its true. kinda sad eh?

Top Bottom