Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are high calories necessary to gain muscle if protein intake is high?

WalkingBeast said:

granola bar, 2 protein bars, 64 oz milk, 5 slices of cheese and a TV dinner with buffalo chicken strips,corn,brownie and fries. (200 grams of protein)

ThanX for the feedback everyone :D

I`m no expert, but that is not a clean diet. Have you ever tried to clean it up? The only thing I would eat out of that is maybe the chicken strips, and I don`t know what they consist of.

Having said that, You`re twice my size and much stronger than me. lol So...You may know your stuff. fwiw...

Isaac79 said:
Protein is overrated to a certain extent, sure you need enough to build muscle, but if you are trying to gain size, you need to focus on total calories consumed. Let's say I consume 400 grams of protein a day, that's appx 1,600 calories, now that's a shitload of protein, but let's say I'm burning 3,000 calories a day, how exactly am I gaining any size? In order to bulk, you need plenty of protein and complex carbs also, I'm not talking about sugar or white bread, that stuff is crap even if you are bulking. Try to consume 500 to 1,000 calories more than you use to gain weight.

I didn't say a high protein, low calorie diet. I'm not sure how you got that impression. My diet is high protein, high fat with moderate carbs.

Ive been eating about 3300 on non training days and 4000 on training days using DC style. I hit 200 for the first time in my life this week and Im getting stronger as well. This bulk is natural BTW. I usually get a minimum of 300 grams protein and 275 carbs and fill in the rest with healthy fats from natty pb and olive oil. Fat gain has been minimal as well

I think I see my problem. I've been doing 200-330g of protien a day, but consuming less than 2100 calories a day. I weight 168 and am 5'9 with 7% bodyfat. I workout like a fiend and do cardio.

I'm sort of on a budget, so is there a simple food I can eat to boost my carbs cleanly (I'dlike to get closer to a visible 6pack). Wht do you suggest? Spaghetti? Rice?

It DOES require excess energy to build muscle. It also requires excess energy to work out. Maybe not 3000 extra calories a day but it depends on how fast your'e gaining muscle. Take in whatever you can take in without gaining fat. Also, whatever drugs ur on make a difference too. If you're using lots of gear your'e gaining more quickly and you need more calories than someone who isnt.
'

crazybeef5555 said:
It DOES require excess energy to build muscle. It also requires excess energy to work out. Maybe not 3000 extra calories a day but it depends on how fast your'e gaining muscle. Take in whatever you can take in without gaining fat. Also, whatever drugs ur on make a difference too. If you're using lots of gear your'e gaining more quickly and you need more calories than someone who isnt.
'

i think from a well trained individual that has some decent training history under his belt i think ive seen where its been stated that a person can gain about 12-20 pounds of pure muscle a year if everything is in check. so this only requires a small surpluss when you grow this slow.

hell i dont know lol

Re: Re: Are high calories necessary to gain muscle if protein intake is high?

gonelifting said:

I`m no expert, but that is not a clean diet. Have you ever tried to clean it up? The only thing I would eat out of that is maybe the chicken strips, and I don`t know what they consist of.

Having said that, You`re twice my size and much stronger than me. lol So...You may know your stuff. fwiw...

Hey GoneLifting! No it is far from clean! haha Strange thing is, it seems I dont gain from eating lean meats, and other low fat low carb foods. I actually lose weight. Aside from this, I despise cooking, so I live off of TV dinners, milk, left overs and fast food accompanied by protein or weight gain shakes. Ive always made good gains from this in the past, but not my gains have been plateud for some time. Haha ThanX for the compliment, but your arm looks massive in the avatar! You look strong as hell to. ThanX again

ThanX again everyone! Im not on any gear. Havent tried it yet. I would like to give my training atleast a few more years, maybe get my arms up to 20" naturally before even starting gear. Will give me a nice solid base to grow off of. I will wait til Ive hit a plateau for a few years before resorting to gear most likely. haha But you never know It may be sooner.

Top Bottom