Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are high calories necessary to gain muscle if protein intake is high?

I started bulking in July, I eat around 5000 cals a day and I have struggled to go from 230lbs to 239lbs. I eat clean and have not put on that much extra bodyfat eating that much. Here is an example of my diet.

About 7 meals daily- 250-300 grams protein,(mostly tuna and protein powder), Most of my carbs come from the 4-5 serving of oatmeal and a post workout insulin spike. Also lots of natty PB.

ThanX for all the feedback everyone! More is always appreciated. So is it ok if I get 200-250 grams of protein daily and maybe 5000 calories using real high fat, high carbs, high calorie foods? Like pan pizza, TV dinners, etc. I dont have any problems putting on excess fat, so dont care about that, just want to add the muscle. ThanX!

Try to get in some liquid calories. Drink a gallon of milk. Easy to chug every couple hours and get mega calories and protein.

PRO_BODYBUILDER said:
muscles can only grow but so fast. so you obviously dont need an excess of 1000 over your maintance to grow

true you dont............... but it sure is fun eating a whole pint of ice cream before bed........lol

X

On a side note, I don't consider that a "high protein intake." I believe in at least 1.5 x bodyweight. In other words, you should be having at least 300 grams daily. I personally try to get 2x BW.

oh and I almost forgot...

this is why you still need to eat while juicing. Putting your workers on crack is pointless if they still have nothing to build with. :p

Protein is overrated to a certain extent, sure you need enough to build muscle, but if you are trying to gain size, you need to focus on total calories consumed. Let's say I consume 400 grams of protein a day, that's appx 1,600 calories, now that's a shitload of protein, but let's say I'm burning 3,000 calories a day, how exactly am I gaining any size? In order to bulk, you need plenty of protein and complex carbs also, I'm not talking about sugar or white bread, that stuff is crap even if you are bulking. Try to consume 500 to 1,000 calories more than you use to gain weight.

Isaac79 said:
I'm not talking about sugar or white bread, that stuff is crap even if you are bulking. .

yeah but its so goooooood.............lol

X

Top Bottom