Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are children overrated? came across this article, thought it was interesting

the claims by psychologists that i've seen state that on average having children results in a slight decrease in happiness overall for couples. i don't know how they did their studies though

Always saw myself with kids. Always planned on having a couple. Im total mommy material...or so I've been told.lol

Cant even imagine not being a parent one day. Just doesn't feel right, kinda empty and hollow.

As I have not reproduced (that I'm aware of) I'd say surveying the peeps I know that have successfully spawned are split down the middle.

Approximately half believe their children will further their family legacy in a prideful, productive manner. While half are disappointed to varying degrees of what their children have become.

As I have not reproduced (that I'm aware of) I'd say surveying the peeps I know that have successfully spawned are split down the middle.

Approximately half believe their children will further their family legacy in a prideful, productive manner. While half are disappointed to varying degrees of what their children have become.

of course, in order to reproduce, one must actually copulate with teh opposite sex.

there's a bit of everything, if you're a good parent your kids arent so bad, if u dont pay attention and let them do what they want due to laziness or guilt of not spending enough time with them they will walk all over you
Ive heard parenting/having a child is a blessing and a unique experience u dont understand until you have one, I personally dont want any, cant miss what I dont have/know
Oh and that last post is ignorant, vags are stretchy and go "back into place"

surprised no one on here with kids has mentioned the financial burden.

in the US, it costs on average 222K per child. and that doesn't count if you decide to send them to private school nor college costs (not like parents pay for their kids college anyway unless they are spoiled brats with poor grades, any idiot can get a scholarship with a decent SAT score).

and that price tag will go up from here with the price of housing, food, and retail goods set to rise over the next 5 years.

surprised no one on here with kids has mentioned the financial burden.

in the US, it costs on average 222K per child. and that doesn't count if you decide to send them to private school nor college costs (not like parents pay for their kids college anyway unless they are spoiled brats with poor grades, any idiot can get a scholarship with a decent SAT score).

and that price tag will go up from here with the price of housing, food, and retail goods set to rise over the next 5 years.

maybe that's because we "with children" don't consider them a finantial burden in the least. To be a burden imo, you have to not want to pay it, taxs would be a burden, insurance to some degree would be a burden, if you follow me. Every family has a level of living within their means that they adjust to, sometimes that may mean not buying the Escalade, the 3500 sq. ft home, the vations that have become a tradition, you make sacrifices in some cases. Money needs to be put into savings, education costs are addressed with savings and 529 funds (tax free plans for anything that has to do with college), things like that. If you are a strugelling couple, and the basics of food and shelter are a consideration, maybe you SHOULD have thought aboout that prior to making the decision to have/raise a child.

My son is never burden, ever. Every expense that I have reguarding him pales in comparison to the love and joy he brings. He gives back a trillion fold for every penny I spend, it's not even a consideration....

Top Bottom