Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are children overrated? came across this article, thought it was interesting

It is horribly UNDERATED! I never knew what pure love was, headr about it, but until you hold that child, I'm not sure you ever will. I absolutely LOVe being a dad. All of it, the shitty diapers, feeding, and now being coach, playmate, and Dad. As I said before many times, God gave me something that I didn't deserve, and I'll never be able to repay that gift. As I see it, all I can do is try and be the best parent that I can.

In my experience, the parents who aren't thrilled with it, are the same ones who still want to be single, act single even though thery may be married. They probably had a child thinking that it somehow would make them feel loved and wanted in some way, and it didn't. Now, they have the same mental deficites and the pressure of a child/ children. I know several parents who will say that they probably wouldn't do it again, that's the ones who are still at the lake drinking, doing dope, going to bars, cheating on their spouse, many other forms of selfish behaviors, etc. They are obviously still children themselves. Their kids are poorly behaved because they are constantly shoved unwillingly from g-parent to g-parent, left with friends, and little or no disipline.

I don't miss anything, hockey games, baseball games, movies, or any of that. I'm coaching all the sports, and taking them with me to the movies. I did wait till I was older, 37, before I became a parent.

I LOVE it, wouldn't change a thing. The greatest job in the world, being Dad.

signed,

TxB

Im 35 but not a parent (yet?). Do you think its an advantage or not waiting your age to become a parent instead of at say, 25?

a person should never have a child till they are mature enough to handle the responsobility..part of the reason i waited till my mid 30's/

selfish people or people that care only about themselves dont deserve a kid or shouldn't have any..part of being a parent and enjoying it IMO is loving for your child more(or as much) as your own self..when u feel this way nothing will even be a burden or nothing will be going to far to make them have a good life or to make them happy..sadly alot of parents dont feel this way and thats where feelings like this authors come from..

i would give my life or take a bullet for my son without thinking twice. he is my world.. there is no more of a pleasure in this world then me doing something that helps to make his life better

Reactions: ceo
Im 35 but not a parent (yet?). Do you think its an advantage or not waiting your age to become a parent instead of at say, 25?

SD, if your through doing the things that are considered, "self-destructive", you can be a good parent at any age. I wasn't. I was selfish, still out there doing the deal, running hoes, all of it. After age 35, I started slowing a bit. When my son was born, it pretty much ceased. You need to get all that out first, being a parent HAS to become your fist committment.

There IS life after parenthood, but it's different. Now, you can't kill yourself and it not matter. You can't go to jail, and it not matter. You can't lose a job, and it not matter. You have to consider all the ramifications of the "what if's"....

TxB

Ouch. I go to the lake drinking and my baby spends a ton of time w/ her grandparents. But I dont go to work, I stay home with her. I still stand by what I choose to do and how much I leave her. To each their own.

You notice, I said "Unwillingly", that was for you....

They probably had a child thinking that it somehow would make them feel loved and wanted in some way, and it didn't. Now, they have the same mental deficites and the pressure of a child/ children. I know several parents who will say that they probably wouldn't do it again, that's the ones who are still at the lake drinking, doing dope, going to bars, cheating on their spouse, many other forms of selfish behaviors, etc. They are obviously still children themselves. Their kids are poorly behaved because they are constantly shoved unwillingly from g-parent to g-parent, left with friends, and little or no disipline.

+ infinity

I can vouch for that from personal experience- I was unplanned and an intrusion by all accounts seeing as my parents were divorcing already.
My mom didn't want me around in the house, especially when she had friends over to smoke dope with.
Thank God for my grandparents who took me every weekend till I left home at 14.
If you don't really want kids please don't just go along and have them.

It is horribly UNDERATED! I never knew what pure love was, heard about it, but until you hold that child, I'm not sure you ever will. I absolutely LOVE being a dad. All of it, the shitty diapers, feeding, and now being coach, playmate, and Dad. As I said before many times, God gave me something that I didn't deserve, and I'll never be able to repay that gift. As I see it, all I can do is try and be the best parent that I can.

In my experience, the parents who aren't thrilled with it, are the same ones who still want to be single, act single even though thery may be married. They probably had a child thinking that it somehow would make them feel loved and wanted in some way, and it didn't. Now, they have the same mental deficites and the pressure of a child/ children. I know several parents who will say that they probably wouldn't do it again, that's the ones who are still at the lake drinking, doing dope, going to bars, cheating on their spouse, many other forms of selfish behaviors, etc. They are obviously still children themselves. Their kids are poorly behaved because they are constantly shoved unwillingly from g-parent to g-parent, left with friends, and little or no disipline.

I don't miss anything, hockey games, baseball games, movies, or any of that. I'm coaching all the sports, and taking them with me to the movies. I did wait till I was older, 37, before I became a parent.

I LOVE it, wouldn't change a thing. The greatest job in the world, being Dad.

signed,

TxB

Ouch. I go to the lake drinking and my baby spends a ton of time w/ her grandparents. But I dont go to work, I stay home with her. I still stand by what I choose to do and how much I leave her. To each their own.

a person should never have a child till they are mature enough to handle the responsobility..part of the reason i waited till my mid 30's/

selfish people or people that care only about themselves dont deserve a kid or shouldn't have any..part of being a parent and enjoying it IMO is loving for your child more(or as much) as your own self..when u feel this way nothing will even be a burden or nothing will be going to far to make them have a good life or to make them happy..sadly alot of parents dont feel this way and thats where feelings like this authors come from..

i would give my life or take a bullet for my son without thinking twice. he is my world.. there is no more of a pleasure in this world then me doing something that helps to make his life better

^^^^^ that's Mr. Harry Cane, the guy/ Dad I know...

I think men need to wait a little longer. Sadly, women dont have that option. I cant explain why a woman needs to be young to have children, God made it that way. Maybe it gives them a little less anxiety, once you become too wise about the world having children can really make you anxious. IMO, a 20 year old mother does not worry and fret as much as a 35 year old mother...

The happiest married couple I've ever seen have two children. They were married for about three years before they had their first child. I've never seen a couple so consistently happy as them.

Top Bottom