Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anyone who knows about CARS... help me? please?

M

madbomber31

my windshield wipers are fucked up... sometimes they work, sometimes they dont... sometimes they will be working then stop... do you think its a loose wire? if so, where is the harness so i can fiddle? could it be a motor running them? if so, how fucked am i?

Could be several thing that you pointed to.
Not a biggie at worst a new motor and you can them pretty reasonable.
I would look for the thing you stated and then it could be just that the motor lost its balls.

When does it do this?

I've seen them screw up when you have them on the various slow setting and then work fine on slow and fast.

Reactions: Cut
hehe, it usually does this when i am driving and its raining...

actually, no specific speed, i'd be fine if it would go on slow or fast or whatever, as long as it worked... SOMETIMES they stop half way through a wipe...

What year, make and model car do you have??

Probably one of these FU(KING Michigan roads ruined it.
:splat: :mad: :bawling: :kaioken: :redhot:

96 s-10... and ya, i bet i hit a pothole and some shit came loose.

Might be a loose fuse. I had a loose fuse once and my fuel pump was fucking up. Clicked that bastard in and it worked like a champ.

I agree, something is probably loose, I think on S10's, you can drop the bottom half of the steering column cover off (all the way on the bottom of the column under the dash, I know I could on my '91), that's where all the connections are for the wires that go into the steering column is. Wiggle that shit around with your wipers on and see if they start and stop when you wiggle the connectors and wires.
The wiper motor should be mounted right to the firewall under the hood, you could check for a loose connection there too, and checking to make sure the fuse is pushed all the way in is a good idea too. I know the '96 is a different body style than my '91 was, but I think all that kind of shit is basically the same. Hope that helps.

Could be the motor or its connections, I would think it is the switch. My switch went out on my headlights, and sometimes they would work on both high and low and other times they would turn off the high and go back to low beam. It was the switch, and I got it at a junkyard for like $30.

THANKS BOYS... MB IS GONNA DO SOME FIDDLIN WITH THE TRUCK NOW...

Top Bottom