Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Think Leg Press Is Harder On L. Back Than Free Squats?

F

Frackal

I do, I am recovered (99%) from a back injury and I noticed a tinge of pain doing leg presses but none on squats, I think the action of the leg press pushing your feet towards your head with such heavy weights has a bad strain/stretch/pull effect on your back...anyone notice this?

Yeah I agree, I can't do them or squats right now because of something with my lower back. I am resorting to hack squats. However my gym has a hammer strength leg press that for some reason I can use it with out that strain on my lower back. Lov hammer strength machines.

They can be, Frackal. Have you ever seen the guys who load up the press and when they lower the weight their ass rises off the seat? That's how it can be bad. You're lower back is being over stretched in that position. So I say do em, just make sure your ass stays in the seat.

I TOTALLY agree with you, Frackal! I had spine surgery
about 14 years ago (still going strong!!) and I have been feeling that kind of pain in my lower lumbar. That's why I do NOT go heavy with them. I think I will start going back to hack squats. To me it's the safest for my
situation. I stay away from dead lifts too:(

Any machine is easier to cheat on than free weights. So most will load it up with a weight they cannot handle and proceed to hurt their back.

Shiat Stan lol....I may only have one plate per side but your fat momma is sitting on top which means I'm pressing over 1000 lbs.. haha

I think it depends on your body structure. I have more problems with barbell squats. Certain leg presses cause me some back pain, Cybex comes to mind. I can do front squats with no problems and also do alot of reverse hacks on the body masters hack squat.

Top Bottom