Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever do a mass mailout for advertising to get business?

You wanna hear how succesfull mass mailers are?

We keep all the dry-cleaning coupons (that are more than 20% off) because our dry-cleaners honor ALL coupons.

Other than that? (How stupid is this?) We recently started to get some "high end" mass mailers. Apparently we live in *the right* zip code. Whatever.... so we got a 15%off coupon for a high end place we go too with a high rate of frequency. I would die rather than whip the coupon out... (Yea, I am fukkin dumb). But I would DIE before I walked in to that place with a coupon. It's not like it's Wendy's. A place like that WON'T get more business because of a freaking direct mail coupon.

I would hire the sales rep that sold them in a heart beat. LOL

you're looking at $1,350 just for postage, not including the postcards themselves.

In Canada we don't pay full postage for "Ad Mail"
if we do enough its less than 1/2 price of a regular stamp.

If we do unadressed admail its like 10 cents per post card or flyer.

with proper design, I'll get 10 phone calls on 5,000 post cards which is above average but I only do B2B post cards and flyers...no coupons.

So then how does one go about trying to start a buisness from scratch...whats the best type of marketing....Im a personal trainer trying to get a few side clients to make some extra cash in this shitty economy

uh, you mean direct mail?

Yeah.....
depends on if you get the bulk mail rate. 29 cents i believe for normal postcard postage, slightly cheaper if you do bulk mail which is 500 minimum. delivery is slighty longer so you have coordinate appropriately on which day you want people to receive.
there are days statistically which people tend to pay more attention to mail than others...and hence more likely to at least glance at your solitication then just instantly throw it out

the other key to direct mail is hitting the same address multiple times so they become familiar with it, as well as having a good prospect list.

it isn't cheap bro, and the rate of return is minimal.

you have no clue what you're talking about.

direct mail is one of the cheapest sources of advertising there is, and been proven to work for decades. a large part depends on what type of business you're in of course. but there are a million different variables that determine whether a campaign will be successful or not

granted, the response rate is typically less than 1% but your cost per lead (i said lead, not prospect) is MUCH less than other marketing avenues

you have no clue what you're talking about.

direct mail is one of the cheapest sources of advertising there is, and been proven to work for decades. a large part depends on what type of business you're in of course. but there are a million different variables that determine whether a campaign will be successful or not

granted, the response rate is typically less than 1% but your cost per lead (i said lead, not prospect) is MUCH less than other marketing avenues

how is it cheaper when your return is less (far less) than 1%?

You know those car dealer ads when you get the fake ass key that "may" unlock a vehicle on the lot, or when they give away shit to get you on the lot. The big full page color ads. Those campains cost anywhere from $25,000-$50,000 depending on the size of area you are hitting. With the return you're lucky to break even. Waste of money if you ask me!

Now stfu

Top Bottom