Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else share my idea on squats?

Does anyone else feel that doing 5x20 for squats will overall increase every aspect of your personal lifting ability? My coach says that doing 5x20 with the heaviest weight possible will spike testosterone levels quickly.

I do all legs excersizes 4x20.
Squats
Single legPresses
Incline sled press
Lunges
Curls
Straight leg deads

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

The load is significantly lighter, and if you don't go to failure, your CNS will be fine. Also, legs require a lot of Volume

Load is lighter? Before I blew I my knee I was doing 495 last set of squats. That is what get size and vascularity.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

how often do you do it? wont it lead to overtraining? i mean squats are a heavy excersize after all. 5x20 is 100reps.

i might just try that actually.

I do 5x20 on leg day. But all i do are squats and stiff leg deads. Its all you need for legs. I dont work calves. My calves look awsome and working calves is gay. :p

Overtraining? Not likely. If you can squat 365 for 8 then I doubt you'll get 5x20 with 225 even. Its brutal. Even if you did 135 for 5x20 you will have squatted 13,500 lbs. thats alot of fucking weight. If you did 4 sets of 10 at 315 you squatted 12,600. Not that its all about total weight lifted but either way its alot of fucking weight.

I'm a monster for dead lifts. I'm at the point of 520lbs for stiff leg deads. But idk when I could only squat 315lbs I did 225 for my 20 reps and now my squat took off and I bounced to 665lbs within 3 years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

I'm a monster for dead lifts. I'm at the point of 520lbs for stiff leg deads. But idk when I could only squat 315lbs I did 225 for my 20 reps and now my squat took off and I bounced to 665lbs within 3 years.

Nice work bro!

That sir is some serious iron moving. Impressive.

if you like that, you should try doing leg presses.. i wouldn't do squats at the volume I do but the leg press 300 x 300 reps.. and i'll do 400x 100 reps with rest..

increase size?? not really, but changes the shape of my legs, butt and calves for sure and I like it a lot.. conditioning is where i'm at..

Top Bottom