Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else fed up with China imports?

cindylou said:
If a company cant/wont pay their employees a decent living wage (transportation, roof over head, health insurance, food) then they should not be a company.

PLEASE! These companies are profiting BILLIONS and its the Union's fault? Yes, the union gets out of hand, but its not the Unions fault that companies go to other countries for cheap labor whose countries who have no civil rights or liberties to their own people, who could give a shit less if they pay their workers dimes an hour. Come on!! The greedy corps dont want to pay a decent wage so they go somewhere else, and Americans are digging their own grave buying their products.

Corporations have an obligation to increase share value and profits to the shareholders... me and you. If we don't like a company's practices then we can vote with our wallet and not buy the product or stock but they are just doing their jobs. CEOs, for the most part, are rewarded for increasing share value. I want my portfolio to increase in value so I want them to do their jobs.

But, if the expectation is that an individual has a right to higher wages and a company has an obligation to pay higher wages in a changing market where that labor is worth less on the global market then many industries will not exist in USA. Next we will have the goverment responsible to provide for people who couldn't be bothered getting educations and reading the writing on the wall and in the news everyday that they need to continually train and develop skills to complete in a global economy. I'm not saying unions are 100% of the problem but protecting slackers from termination and increasing wages solely for time on the job definitely prices them out of many markets.

Goverment could implement trade sanctions to protect industries in US but at what expense? Higher prices for everything, trade hassles across the board, international tension, and China is holding their trillion dollar bond club over our heads if we do implement sanctions. We've dug a deep hole and it won't be easy to get out of it.

roadwarrior said:
Corporations have an obligation to increase share value and profits to the shareholders... me and you. If we don't like a company's practices then we can vote with our wallet and not buy the product or stock but they are just doing their jobs. CEOs, for the most part, are rewarded for increasing share value. I want my portfolio to increase in value so I want them to do their jobs.

But, if the expectation is that an individual has a right to higher wages and a company has an obligation to pay higher wages in a changing market where that labor is worth less on the global market then many industries will not exist in USA. Next we will have the goverment responsible to provide for people who couldn't be bothered getting educations and reading the writing on the wall and in the news everyday that they need to continually train and develop skills to complete in a global economy. I'm not saying unions are 100% of the problem but protecting slackers from termination and increasing wages solely for time on the job definitely prices them out of many markets.

Goverment could implement trade sanctions to protect industries in US but at what expense? Higher prices for everything, trade hassles across the board, international tension, and China is holding their trillion dollar bond club over our heads if we do implement sanctions. We've dug a deep hole and it won't be easy to get out of it.

good post

cindylou said:
If a company cant/wont pay their employees a decent living wage (transportation, roof over head, health insurance, food) then they should not be a company.

PLEASE! These companies are profiting BILLIONS and its the Union's fault? Yes, the union gets out of hand, but its not the Unions fault that companies go to other countries for cheap labor whose countries who have no civil rights or liberties to their own people, who could give a shit less if they pay their workers dimes an hour. Come on!! The greedy corps dont want to pay a decent wage so they go somewhere else, and Americans are digging their own grave buying their products.
i love how people think that these billions of dollars are going to a handful of CEOs
the stock holders are the people demanding profits, the ceos are at their mercy
the "greedy corps" as you refer to them as are driven by stock holder demands...and i'd be willing to bet you profit from them in some way. do you have any mutal funds? then you are a part of the greedy masses demanding profit on their stock investments

Gambino said:
i love how people think that these billions of dollars are going to a handful of CEOs
the stock holders are the people demanding profits, the ceos are at their mercy
the "greedy corps" as you refer to them as are driven by stock holder demands...and i'd be willing to bet you profit from them in some way. do you have any mutal funds? then you are a part of the greedy masses demanding profit on their stock investments

I understand what you are saying. I still think that a company should pay a decent living wage to the working.

I love how people like to blame the unions, becasue they want to feel better about their cheaper foreign purchase. As long as it settles their conscience! :)

cindylou said:
I understand what you are saying. I still think that a company should pay a decent living wage to the working.

I love how people like to blame the unions, becasue they want to feel better about their cheaper foreign purchase. As long as it settles their conscience! :)
i live in UAW country, I've been in a carpenters local for 5 yrs, i know how unions work.
no one is entitled to a good wage, you have to earn it

cindylou said:

I! :)
what is your definition of "decent"??
the UAW package equals out to about 75 and hour.

Gambino said:
i live in UAW country, I've been in a carpenters local for 5 yrs, i know how unions work.
no one is entitled to a good wage, you have to earn it

They earn it.

Some of the most hardworking people in this country are the working poor.

I love how people think poor people dont work hard!

Do you think that everyone who makes 7 bucks an hour does not work hard? I dont understand that.

Gambino said:
what is your definition of "decent"??
the UAW package equals out to about 75 and hour.

My hub makes about 60 a year right now. He's not a mechanic yet. *edit identifying info here lol*

However the work is so hard on the body that he wont make it past 55 if he does, it will be service work, which means we have to set alot back on retirement, and cant rely on him working past 65. The body just gives out.

He cant work till he is 90 like alot of other people in America who have an office job.

Top Bottom