Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else fed up with China imports?

Gambino said:
yay, we should force manufacturing companies to stay stateside, were they will have to pay their unionized workers a sheetload of money and benefits!!!@#!@#@ it will be so glorious

That would have to be restructured.

hanselthecaretaker said:
That would have to be restructured.
hard to force consumers to by overpriced products
manufacturting, stateside, is a relic of the past
holding on to it will only cause more unemployment, esp in our state

This country's fucked if it's gotten to that point.

roadwarrior said:
Agreed ... our quest for cheaper everything has contributed to a big loss in the American economy. Globalization is complex and a natural development with increased ease of travel, transport, and communications. It's been going for a long time as people have sought products from other parts of the world but has accelerated as of late with more outsourcing to other countries to decrease costs. We need to be careful of the damage potentially done to America with open borders and free trade with the likes of China, India, Brazil, and Russia. They are all rapidly growing economies that will surpass us in the next 20 - 40 years if we don't get Amreica back on track. On the other hand, a strong America that looks out for its interests, defends itself, encourages innovation, and builds on our foundation of "skys' the limit" for those who work hard ( no free rides!!!), could contionue to be a leader in the world for a long time to come.
Agreed!

Gambino said:
hard to force consumers to by overpriced products
manufacturting, stateside, is a relic of the past
holding on to it will only cause more unemployment, esp in our state

So, what would happen to Michigan if GM and Ford went to Mexico full time?

Maine took it in the ass 13 years ago when NAFTA was inacted. Shoe companies, various manufacturing, and most skilled companies headed to the Domincan. Throw in Paper wars with sibsidized Canadians, fishing limits, and increased immigrants relocating here, Maine is about $1.5 Billion in the hole annually.

That budget gap is made up with higher taxes and cut services. A double negative.

Those medial jobs going overseas....are needed to counter the massive number of low skilled people entering the country. We cannot send jobs overseas and keep allowing more people into the country. It's a fact.

I have a 1000 Bass shoe jobs that I send overseas. I left 1000 people looking for work in an area where jobs are scarce (Western Maine is scarce). At the same time, that same area gets stuck with 1000 Somali immigrants who were relocated here without grants to cover their expenses. Now, I have 2000 people fighting for the same scarce jobs. Meantime, 1000 Domincans are making my fucking boots for 1/7th the costs.

This is not a model for financial health.

lol

we can't even clean our toilets or mow our lawns, and people expect us to make vcr's and sweaters?!

r

gotmilk said:
So, what would happen to Michigan if GM and Ford went to Mexico full time?

michigan is fucked as i'm sure you know/realize
nothing is gonna bring back the factories/jobs
put all our eggs in the auto basket and it's come back to burn us
my income depends on auto sales

Gambino said:
michigan is fucked as i'm sure you know/realize
nothing is gonna bring back the factories/jobs
put all our eggs in the auto basket and it's come back to burn us
my income depends on auto sales

and you weren't biased when it came to choosing GM :)

but yeah bro, michigan is completely fucked. my friends all moved from there to get away from it. they talk about it like it was a mass exodus lol.
immigrants from michigan seeking opportunity. The real estate market there is so FUCKED.

crazy shit

calveless wonder said:
and you weren't biased when it came to choosing GM :)

but yeah bro, michigan is completely fucked. my friends all moved from there to get away from it. they talk about it like it was a mass exodus lol.
immigrants from michigan seeking opportunity. The real estate market there is so FUCKED.

crazy shit
i'd take a serious look at toyota for my next truck
i just disagree with the assement that GM sucks

Gambino said:
i'd take a serious look at toyota for my next truck
i just disagree with the assement that GM sucks

Part of GM's problems are the unions. Unions simply ask for more always, that's the way it's set up. A union never can say to it's memebers 'we're set and we're not going to try and get more". The UAW pushed to the point where GM spends a billion dollars a year on the jobs bank. If you don't know what that is look it up. Delphi was the same way, bloat after bloat with never ending benefits. There is a point where you just can't get away with it.

I know everyone thinks they're skilled labor but if your job can be sent to some shit ass country for a fifth the cost, your unskilled labor.

Top Bottom