Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else fed up with China imports?

cindylou said:
They earn it.

Some of the most hardworking people in this country are the working poor.

I love how people think poor people dont work hard!

Do you think that everyone who makes 7 bucks an hour does not work hard? I dont understand that.

i know all about hard work, proly the hardest work available, carpentry work.
the person making 7 an hour, let's say at mcdonalds.
so the gov't comes in, demands that mcd's pay their employees 15 an hour.
do you think the stockholders are gonna take the hit? fuck no, they pass it on to the consumer...so the price of a big mac triples in cost.
they same working poor who enjoy and need a cheap source of food can no longer afford to eat it, mcds doesn't sell as many, business goes down, etc
gov't mandated wages-death for business

Gambino said:
i know all about hard work, proly the hardest work available, carpentry work.
the person making 7 an hour, let's say at mcdonalds.
so the gov't comes in, demands that mcd's pay their employees 15 an hour.
do you think the stockholders are gonna take the hit? fuck no, they pass it on to the consumer...so the price of a big mac triples in cost.
they same working poor who enjoy and need a cheap source of food can no longer afford to eat it, mcds doesn't sell as many, business goes down, etc
gov't mandated wages-death for business

Why can they not afford to eat at mcd's @ 15 bucks an hour?

I know that the stockholders wont take the hit. I dont support a gov't mandated wage either. Of course not. We depend on the working poor to support our riches/ and at least we should acknowledge that. Can we do something about it? Yeah. Will we? Probably not. But dont blame an organization that helps the working have a voice. The high cost of products in America is not because of unions. Its greedy stockholders/ corps. You and me , all of us. Greedy, and depend on the poor McDonalds worker who lives in a hotel and sometimes eats at a local shelter. IF we were to pay them what they deserved, we would not have as much . :)

cindylou said:
Why can they not afford to eat at mcd's @ 15 bucks an hour?

I know that the stockholders wont take the hit. I dont support a gov't mandated wage either. Of course not. We depend on the working poor to support our riches/ and at least we should acknowledge that. Can we do something about it? Yeah. Will we? Probably not. But dont blame an organization that helps the working have a voice. The high cost of products in America is not because of unions. Its greedy stockholders/ corps. You and me , all of us. Greedy, and depend on the poor McDonalds worker who lives in a hotel and sometimes eats at a local shelter. IF we were to pay them what they deserved, we would not have as much . :)
so what do they deserve, for doing an unskilled job?
most minimum wage earners move on to higher paying jobs

Gambino said:
i'd take a serious look at toyota for my next truck
i just disagree with the assement that GM sucks

Domestic brands (big three) are a shell of what they used to be. Save a model here and there from each, the majority are mediocre automobiles at best, made with parts and labor that resonate cost cutting over quality. I'm starting to think GM stands for Generic Merchandise, save for a few upscale makes and 1/2 tons.

Creepusmaximus said:
Part of GM's problems are the unions. Unions simply ask for more always, that's the way it's set up. A union never can say to it's memebers 'we're set and we're not going to try and get more". The UAW pushed to the point where GM spends a billion dollars a year on the jobs bank. If you don't know what that is look it up. Delphi was the same way, bloat after bloat with never ending benefits. There is a point where you just can't get away with it.

I know everyone thinks they're skilled labor but if your job can be sent to some shit ass country for a fifth the cost, your unskilled labor.

The union workers are so spoiled now that their work quality takes a back seat to them getting more benefits, and auto makers and consumers keep accepting it each for their own reasons. Double whammy.

roadwarrior said:
Unions are a big part of what killed a lot of manufacturing in US. There's a market value for a given product or service. Globalization has hit us no matter what we want so we have to compete with the lower cost labor forces in the world. Unions demand wages out of line with market value then argue with modernizations that could raise productivity and keep COGS down so that we could compete. In additon, the practice of increase wages just for coming to work year after year versus a meritocracy of raises for performance exacerbates the problem. The last affects all unions and not just manaufacturing... look at teachers or nurses. My wife is a senior ICU nurse and complains that the union prevents management from cracking down on slackers that cause patient risk by their poor performance and attitude. Not that unions are the only problem... America's insatiable appetite for more, bigger, faster, better along with mass marketing that would make one believe everyone deserves everything no matter what the market value of their skills adds a major component to problems in America. As many here and elsewhere have said... we're in for a major shakeup. Look at what the sub-prime mortgage issue of people going too deep in debt to finance the "American Dream" has contributed to the housing industry decline. If we get hit with energy issues or declining dollar makes buying foreign goods more expensive thus triggering an overall economic decline then service sector takes it on the chin in a lot of areas as individuals and companies simply spend less. It becomes a downward spiral. But... I still believe it can be fixed and America is the greatest country on the planet. Wish I had all the answers though.

I doubt it. It will only continue to get worse until it's too late and the people who could've done something sooner will just be like :whatever: We'll only change when our lives depend on it. Even then a lot of younger people these days with their der der mentality thanks to our circus-like culture will hamper the recovery process. To most it will be like "what hit us?" and the shock will take a while to set in before we start adjusting and fighting back. Our whole country's structure has to change before that happens though as well.

Creepusmaximus said:
Part of GM's problems are the unions.

Part of GM's problem is they never properly reinvested their income. Their pension meatheads can legally buy MTN's in the 50's and resell same day in the 70's.

20 POINTS daily....and yet they invested in losing tech stocks, piss poor municiple bonds, and held huge cash positions

gotmilk said:
Part of GM's problem is they never properly reinvested their income. Their pension meatheads can legally buy MTN's in the 50's and resell same day in the 70's.

20 POINTS daily....and yet they invested in losing tech stocks, piss poor municiple bonds, and held huge cash positions
bro i don't even think properly reinvested income could cover the burden of penions and benefits for the retired
ford stock used to be 48 a share
i think it's around 7-8 now? fucked up

Gambino said:
bro i don't even think properly reinvested income could cover the burden of penions and benefits for the retired
ford stock used to be 48 a share
i think it's around 7-8 now? fucked up
I was still in high school and lucky if I saw Ford's stock around 30.

Top Bottom