Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else fed up with China imports?

gotmilk said:
Kill the Chinese...
The Chinese and Japanese have a special kind of hatred....:) Unfortunately, the Japanese would lose to the Chinese....it ain't 1936 anymore.... :)

Here is the reality, I consulted with a distributor of Christmas ornaments when I first started in IT, back in 1998. He tried to purchase only American made products but nobody would purchase them because of the cost even when he used the "buy American" marketing campaign.

Creepusmaximus said:
Part of GM's problems are the unions. Unions simply ask for more always, that's the way it's set up. A union never can say to it's memebers 'we're set and we're not going to try and get more". The UAW pushed to the point where GM spends a billion dollars a year on the jobs bank. If you don't know what that is look it up. Delphi was the same way, bloat after bloat with never ending benefits. There is a point where you just can't get away with it.

I know everyone thinks they're skilled labor but if your job can be sent to some shit ass country for a fifth the cost, your unskilled labor.

Unions are a big part of what killed a lot of manufacturing in US. There's a market value for a given product or service. Globalization has hit us no matter what we want so we have to compete with the lower cost labor forces in the world. Unions demand wages out of line with market value then argue with modernizations that could raise productivity and keep COGS down so that we could compete. In additon, the practice of increase wages just for coming to work year after year versus a meritocracy of raises for performance exacerbates the problem. The last affects all unions and not just manaufacturing... look at teachers or nurses. My wife is a senior ICU nurse and complains that the union prevents management from cracking down on slackers that cause patient risk by their poor performance and attitude. Not that unions are the only problem... America's insatiable appetite for more, bigger, faster, better along with mass marketing that would make one believe everyone deserves everything no matter what the market value of their skills adds a major component to problems in America. As many here and elsewhere have said... we're in for a major shakeup. Look at what the sub-prime mortgage issue of people going too deep in debt to finance the "American Dream" has contributed to the housing industry decline. If we get hit with energy issues or declining dollar makes buying foreign goods more expensive thus triggering an overall economic decline then service sector takes it on the chin in a lot of areas as individuals and companies simply spend less. It becomes a downward spiral. But... I still believe it can be fixed and America is the greatest country on the planet. Wish I had all the answers though.

Was just listening to the radio and heard that China is threatening that if we put trade sanctions on them then they'll screw with our bond market. They hold $1 Trillion in US bonds. I knew they had a lot but that's ridiculous... our biggest potential enemy holding our debt and then blackmailing us with it.

Islamo-facists are an annoyance, at least until they unify and get the ability to deliver nuclear or other WMD to US soil, and Russia has enough of their own issues though Putin would like to do a coup to stay in power and control all but China is a real threat in the next decade or so militarily and economically.

Ah... the world is a fucked up place. I'm almost ready to take to the hills, build up my arsenal, and prepare for Armageddon but since I don't believe in God... what will we call the end of the world?

All I know is I'm fed up of their lack of driving skills.

Had a driving school in front of me the other day and the guy went through 2 stops and almost hit a car. I was like "who, this kid is going to fail"
Got up to the light and realized the guy was alone and was the instructor and he was Chinese.
I hate their food, their driving and their convenience stores (very dirty).
The dog food thing did NOT surprise me

roadwarrior said:
Unions are a big part of what killed a lot of manufacturing in US. There's a market value for a given product or service. Globalization has hit us no matter what we want so we have to compete with the lower cost labor forces in the world. Unions demand wages out of line with market value then argue with modernizations that could raise productivity and keep COGS down so that we could compete. In additon, the practice of increase wages just for coming to work year after year versus a meritocracy of raises for performance exacerbates the problem. The last affects all unions and not just manaufacturing... look at teachers or nurses. My wife is a senior ICU nurse and complains that the union prevents management from cracking down on slackers that cause patient risk by their poor performance and attitude. Not that unions are the only problem... America's insatiable appetite for more, bigger, faster, better along with mass marketing that would make one believe everyone deserves everything no matter what the market value of their skills adds a major component to problems in America. As many here and elsewhere have said... we're in for a major shakeup. Look at what the sub-prime mortgage issue of people going too deep in debt to finance the "American Dream" has contributed to the housing industry decline. If we get hit with energy issues or declining dollar makes buying foreign goods more expensive thus triggering an overall economic decline then service sector takes it on the chin in a lot of areas as individuals and companies simply spend less. It becomes a downward spiral. But... I still believe it can be fixed and America is the greatest country on the planet. Wish I had all the answers though.

If a company cant/wont pay their employees a decent living wage (transportation, roof over head, health insurance, food) then they should not be a company.

PLEASE! These companies are profiting BILLIONS and its the Union's fault? Yes, the union gets out of hand, but its not the Unions fault that companies go to other countries for cheap labor whose countries who have no civil rights or liberties to their own people, who could give a shit less if they pay their workers dimes an hour. Come on!! The greedy corps dont want to pay a decent wage so they go somewhere else, and Americans are digging their own grave buying their products.

nips_candy.jpg

Top Bottom