Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else fed up with China imports?

hanselthecaretaker said:
I was still in high school and lucky if I saw Ford's stock around 30.
30 is a lot more than 8
bro you ever been to the pacific northwest? i would highly recommend it

Gambino said:
hard to force consumers to by overpriced products
manufacturting, stateside, is a relic of the past
holding on to it will only cause more unemployment, esp in our state
LOL....boy, you never got over Reaganomics, did you?

If you ship all the factories overseas, who is going to buy all the products?

Also, LOL @ you bitching about pensions, etc. Those workers bust their asses for 30 + years for those pensions. I know, because my dad is a retired Ford worker. You know how much his pension is now that he is retired? $17,000 a year. Wow, he sure is a freeloader. :rolleyes:

Gambino said:
30 is a lot more than 8
bro you ever been to the pacific northwest? i would highly recommend it

I went through the whole west coast with my folks when I was younger. Washington/Oregon is amazing. I'd love to live on the west coast someday. I would miss the freshwater and snow villages we have in MI though but that's about it.

heatherrae said:
LOL....boy, you never got over Reaganomics, did you?

If you ship all the factories overseas, who is going to buy all the products?

Also, LOL @ you bitching about pensions, etc. Those workers bust their asses for 30 + years for those pensions. I know, because my dad is a retired Ford worker. You know how much his pension is now that he is retired? $17,000 a year. Wow, he sure is a freeloader. :rolleyes:

if you ship the factoires overseas, we still buy the products
hasn't stopped walmart from selling a sheetload

did i ever accuse anyone of freeloading? if i did, i would be a major hypocrite
i pay into the carpenters local 1022 pension fund, my parents are both retired state workers who collect pensions
and 17k? really? that's sounds low, i'm gonna call bullshit or mistake
retirees from the big 3 all around here, they make more than that

Gambino said:

Most of Walmart's products are cheap to begin with.

Take Wolverine shit kickers....used to be made in Jay, Maine by ladies making like $15 a hour. Ladies who had like 15 to 20 years into the company. Now made by kakdiesel's lost cousins.....

When you're 40 years old, minimal training, not much for savings, and living in an area where jobs are scare or seasonal (ski areas), you're pretty much fucked.

Walmart makes cheap products to cater to the low income people here in the U.S......hence, why they need large margins and slave labor.

Gambino said:

did i ever accuse anyone of freeloading? if i did, i would be a major hypocrite
i pay into the carpenters local 1022 pension fund, my parents are both retired state workers who collect pensions
and 17k? really? that's sounds low, i'm gonna call bullshit or mistake
retirees from the big 3 all around here, they make more than that
I'm not going to post up my dad's income tax returns, and I really don't care if you believe it or not. Why would I lie about it? He made good money when he worked at Ford. His house is paid, etc. Now he lives on the pension.

If no one has an income bino, they can't buy the defective/poisonous products that we ship in from China and that you seem to be so gung ho to protect.

heatherrae said:
I'm not going to post up my dad's income tax returns, and I really don't care if you believe it or not. Why would I lie about it? He made good money when he worked at Ford. His house is paid, etc. Now he lives on the pension.

If no one has an income bino, they can't buy the defective/poisonous products that we ship in from China and that you seem to be so gung ho to protect.

so it doesn't sound like your dad is struggling
and a pension of 17k is a lot more than most young peeps will have when they retire
but that is a low figure, my parents pull triple that in pension moneys
if we couldn't buy these defective/poisonous products, then why are they selling like hotcakes???

and please point out where i ever used the word freeloading HR
you love twisting words

Gambino said:
then why are they selling like hotcakes???

Because our meathead government has not allocated enough funds to cover the costs of checking in advance....the money, the employees, or the facilities. Hence, why we are stuck with recalls versus catching the problems in the first place.

gotmilk said:
Because our meathead government has not allocated enough funds to cover the costs of checking in advance....the money, the employees, or the facilities. Hence, why we are stuck with recalls versus catching the problems in the first place.

China is actually doing something. They took their FDA head guy out and shot him for taking bribes. China doesn't want to send out defective/dangerous products but business is so out of control over there it's going to take a while. Japan at one time was known for selling cheap crap, over time they went high end and their economy hasn't really done much in a decade. It will happen to China down the road.

After that cheap crap will come from Africa or South America and so it will go on for ever.

Top Bottom