Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any anabolic suggestions for fat loss?

IMTHEWOMAN

Hi ladies! I'm new to Elite Fitness so let me give you my stats. I'm a 27 yr old female. I've been on a 40/30/30 diet for months now, changing it up every few weeks mess w/ the metabolism. I'm 5"8 , 180 lbs. For the last 3 years I have changed my workout routine all sorts of ways. From 45mins of cardio 4 days/week & 2 days serious strength training, to no cardio and only strength training. My weight never goes down, inches never leave. I've been on an anti-depressant cocktail for the past 3 years. Previously I weighed 138lbs. I think that we can safely assume it's the meds, and unfortunately there's no getting off of them. To answer the inevitable question, no, there wasn't any trauma that caused me to get on the meds. I've suffered my entire life and finally decided to do something about it. I feel fabulous but am fat. I can't do clen because of anxiety issues. Cytomel works awesomely for me. I'm on day 13. Prior to Cytomel I weighed in at 186lbs. I am well informed, intelligent about nutrition, excercise, you name it, I know it. I just want to lose fat for good and be able to see all of my hard strength training work. I guess my hard work has kept me steady. I haven't gained an ounce over 186, but enough is enough. The men talk about DNP; permanent fat loss. Anyone have any info? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What's your diet like - you've told us about your training, but when it comes to fat loss, diet is the key. It would be very helpful if you can outline a typical day or at least tell us what types of food you're eating.

If you already know it, how are we to help? lol

Post up your diet in detail, and I bet we see the problem.

The most anabolic substance, and the one that will help you lose fat the best, is food. Smart food choices will get you where you want to be. It may take a little time, but it will happen.

Drugs aren't the answer, and they aren't magic. You are better off cleaning up your diet and losing the weight that way.

Did you "self medicate" with the cytomel (or did a Doc give it to you)? I'm hoping you did some research of your own before taking this....

I second JJ and SPatts - post your diet IN DETAIL and your current workout routine IN DETAIL and I bet we'll be able to help you fix it.

I don't have any feedback for you. I am also new to this site,but I have no exprience with anabolics. I was planing on taking cytomel too, along with anovar, eca stack and clen. I asked for some advice on another forum on this site and they told me to try proviron instead of cytomel because its safer. I was wondering how much and how long you are planing to cycle of cytomel? Have you had any side effects?

Welcome to Elite! Have you discussed the weight gain with the doctor who is prescibing the anti-d's? There are some that are worse than others as far as weight gain. As far as SSRI's go, Paxil is one that can really pack on the pounds, but then it can vary from person to person. Are you by chance also on any type of hormonal birth control?

I also would recommend that you talk to your psychiatrist to find an antidepressant that works for you that doesn't cause weight gain. There are some very effective ones that don't (and some that even help weight loss). Good luck.

DNP is totally insane... don't go near it or anyone who says it a normal thing to do. There is no "safe' way to use it and those who rant on and on about it to a point that is unusually enthusiastic are more than likely not just "trying to help." If you want good advice, I'm giving it to you -- stay away from that whole scene altogether. DNP is not a "last resort." It shouldnt even be considered an option. Oh and if 'Fonz" contacts you don't even answer the ass. He is seriously a disturbed individual who could care less about anything but putting money in his pocket. Just because someone can "wow" you with book smarts does not mean they are in their right mind so be smart-ER.

There are so many highly intelligent people on this board that can help you out with your situation. There are two people in particualr I am thinking about. hopefully they will chime in.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
BUMP

Anabolics aren't for fat loss. I guess the cytomel recommendation w/ anavar is because cytomel (T3) by itself will eat fat but will also eat muscle indiscriminantly. The clen is often stacked in there w/ the cytomel as well. DNP seems to be much more forgiving for the guys, "permanent fat loss" is still going to be dependent upon your diet after. And frankly DNP is a rough way to go. I will second, third & fourth the above recommendations -- regardless of the chemicals you add into the mix, if your diet & training are not optimal, the rest of the stuff may just give you sides & results you weren't told about. The easiest place to start is a review of your diet & training schedule - the girls (& guys!) here can usually provide some amazingly simple tweaks to what you are already doing to get some results. The important thing to remember is that, despite what the guys say about DNP, there are no magic pills to arrive at fat loss. Your body will want to rebound after any major, quickly occurring change to its metabolic state. Slow & simple is always better.

Not trying to preach, just reassert that the basics are the simplest & most reliable place to start. I'm going to venture a guess that your weight gain is due to the antidepressants & that yes, you have discussed this w/ your doctor -- are there other options at this point that will be less fat-retentive? If those drugs are causing your body to retain fat, take a good look at the mix you are going to end up w/ to try to force it drop fat. Work with your body & not try to force it. An interesting observation I would venture is that if your "normal" weight/bodyfat changes radically as a result of a major change in your life, e.g. stress, new drugs prescribed, etc. -- then it would still want to return to that "normal" weight/bodyfat if it could. If you were able to get off the anti-d's would it return to what you used to be? And one last consideration is that over the last 3 years you've also evolved from a recently post-teen person (where your body's growth hormone levels & everything else are as optimal as they ever will be in your life) to an age that is heading towards the less than optimal state (i.e. aging) and your body would've made certain changes (i.e. gain weight or less easy to maintain or lose) than you would if you didn' t have the anti-d's in there.

I gotta address the proviron (for sue*sinister)-- the recommendation to use proviron instead of cytomoel because it is 'safer' came from who? (guys or gals?) Of most of the discussions I've had with people on the use of proviron -- it is not something to be played with - it is not 'simple & easy to use'. Cytomel is a different ballgame because you are playing with your thyroid & you just need to know what's going on. As with any drug, educate yourself, use it if you feel ready to accept the responsibility (& results) of using, and be smart enough to quit it ASAP if you do start feeling things aren't going as they should. Anabolics 2000 stated that proviron is indeed very androgenic and should only be used for no more than 4 weeks at a time. If anyone is using it, it would be very serious BB competitors as part of final contest prep. As stated on the topic of other drugs to "lose fat" or "lean out" -- diet & training will get you better, more reliable results than drugs. If the use of a drug is recommended on any board as a solution to "i want to lose fat", then PLEASE go on other boards & continue to ask for more information, do your own research and get to know what exactly it is that someone suggested. There's no quick fix.

(again, not wanting to sound soap boxy, just reiterating the importance of diet & training before any quick fix drug - particularly if you are NOT a highlevel competitor in final contest prep.)

Happy Veteran's Day :)

Thanks KBgrl! Thanks to everyone that responded. Hey FitFossil and Wend! Thanks for the welcome! I have spoken w/ psychiatrist about options but this is the only combo that rocks! I'm on Effexor which is the culprit(SSRI). also on Wellbutrin, Topamax(both help w/ weight loss), Klonopin. Spatts-I eat very clean, strict Zone. sue*sinister - I got the cytomel through a source and did a lot of research prior to ordering. If you read through the forums you'll find the info. I don't feel comfortable giving info as I am asking for it myself. I'm not having any side effects, fat loss is happening but so was muscle loss. To prevent as much of that as possible I drink two protein shakes, I space them out as one of my many little meals a day.

Thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom