Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any anabolic suggestions for fat loss?

Sassy69
You've brought up a lot of good points. Especially about aging. It's really freaky if you think about it! I really have no idea what I'd look like right now had I never gotten on the meds. To address the topic of what my bod would look like should I get off the meds tomorrow: no. It wouldn't go back to what it was. I'd be stuck in the same position that I am now, trying to lose.

Here's why I brought that up -- I always hear about people who were always tight little beach bodies & then went off to college & got stressed out or whatever - some sort of major change over a short period of time. Then when they got back into their "normal" environment again, they were able to pretty easily get back to their original weight. It seems that weight is where their body was 'comfortable' (i.e. their metabolism was "happy" at that point). If they have always been heavier, it seems less easy to drop the weight because their body is "happy" at the higher weight. Just wondered.

Anyway, I will say that things change as your body ages. Leaning out for my first competition at age 34 was actually sort of easy. The second time I tried to do it, it didnt' work so good. My body was still in flux from dropping & gaining weight quickly from the first competition. And 3 yrs later, its not getting any easier. :p

IMTHEWOMAN said:
Thanks KBgrl! Thanks to everyone that responded. Hey FitFossil and Wend! Thanks for the welcome! I have spoken w/ psychiatrist about options but this is the only combo that rocks! I'm on Effexor which is the culprit(SSRI). also on Wellbutrin, Topamax(both help w/ weight loss), Klonopin. Spatts-I eat very clean, strict Zone. sue*sinister - I got the cytomel through a source and did a lot of research prior to ordering. If you read through the forums you'll find the info. I don't feel comfortable giving info as I am asking for it myself. I'm not having any side effects, fat loss is happening but so was muscle loss. To prevent as much of that as possible I drink two protein shakes, I space them out as one of my many little meals a day.

Thanks again everyone!

Are you taking Topamax for seizures or migraines?
Or just for weight loss?

In regard to your diet - it could just be that your body does not respond well to a 40/30/30 ratio. Have you experimented with different ratios? Or perhap a carb rotation plan?

Also, what food are you eating?
What are your "clean foods"?

The Topamax is a mood stabilizer for me. I'm not considered bipolar or manic depressive, just evens things out nicely for me. Weight loss is a side effect. I haven't experimented w/ a carb ratio plan.....as for clean foods
Oat bran hot cereal for breakfast w/ a shot of protein, flax seed oil
(great for sugar cravings, gorgeous skin, and appetite suppressant)

grilled chicken breasts, myoplex lite protein shakes, yogurt(only 1/day), broccoli, green beans, baby greens, spinach, one serving of beef/week, trying to incorporate eggs again...it's easy to o.d. on them. ezequeil bread, whole grains only.

Hey Sassy69, just wanted to add to the aging, meds topic. Effexor is a big weight gainer. I consider myself lucky- most women gain anywhere between 80-200lbs!!!! Factor in the aging process.... YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMTHEWOMAN said:
The Topamax is a mood stabilizer for me. I'm not considered bipolar or manic depressive, just evens things out nicely for me. Weight loss is a side effect. I haven't experimented w/ a carb ratio plan.....as for clean foods
Oat bran hot cereal for breakfast w/ a shot of protein, flax seed oil
(great for sugar cravings, gorgeous skin, and appetite suppressant)

grilled chicken breasts, myoplex lite protein shakes, yogurt(only 1/day), broccoli, green beans, baby greens, spinach, one serving of beef/week, trying to incorporate eggs again...it's easy to o.d. on them. ezequeil bread, whole grains only.

I would drop the yogurt the shakes and the bread and see what happens. You can get better carbs from veggies and from yams and check the sugar and carbs content in your hot cereal. (Not that you haven't already)

The cereal, bread, whole grains, and yogurt are gonna need to go if you are serious about losing fat (and based on your supplement line up, I'd guess you are).

You can eat 40/40/20 worth of bad choices. It's possible. If it's 40 high GI carbs, 40 fatty proteins, and 20 saturated fats you will have a hard time losing fat, even though the ratios are right.

Keep shakes and other supplements at a minimum. I allow myself one shake a day, and many times, on nontraining days, I don't even have the one.

As Velvett suggested, get your carbs from better sources: yams, long grain brown rice, oats, lentils...

Why drop the cereal? It's like oatmeal but w/ more fiber. I make it w/ water & Splenda. I'm assuming we're dropping the yogurt because it's dairy. Spatts, would you mind giving me an example of your workout routine and diet? I've gotta hand it to you! Sounds like I need to do some tweaking on my diet.

I've read on a low carb board that plain yogurt with high bacterial content only has 4 carbs per cup. The bacterial cultures 'feed' on the lactose thereby reducing the carb count. Does this sound reasonable or familiar? I will try to find backup.........Ang

Top Bottom