Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ANXIETY........... who's had it or has it??

decem said:

nordstrom.. can you further address "the hopelessness that gives birth to anxiety" and more thoroughly detail that hopelessness? this is the only thing that i can think of that might be an underlying factor if i really do have anxiety.. as i am pretty much hopeless in life at this point.. i see no reason to accomplish anything or to acquire any material wealth.. nor do i see myself as really working any job or occupation that i like.. ever.. i want to be happy and have children to raise but i know that there really is no chance that i will have a genetic legacy that spans all of time.. as the human race will eventually die off at some point.. i know that i will never know the cause of the universe nor what runs it nor what happens when i cease to exist on this earth.. etc etc..

i dont know if i can do that on EF. i have some skeletons in my closet (suprisingly) that i am embarassed to speak of.

nontheless, i was about 90% convinced that i would end up homeless, shamed & trapped in a mental hell for the rest of my life a few years ago. After i got rid of that, the hypochondria & anxiety i had went away. I used to think i was dying about 1-2x a month, i hardly ever get that now.

I still can relate to what you're saying about how at the end of the day, its all pointless. When i start feeling that way i just try to cinvince myself that science will find a way arond it. Nobody had any idea science would give us what we have 100 years ago, 100 years before that no one had any idea things would be the way they were there too. Its also helpful to realize that those feeling, the desire to 'matter' is probably just a side effect of evolutionary psychology and not some divine thought process. That helps a little.

nordstrom said:

i dont know if i can do that on EF. i have some skeletons in my closet (suprisingly) that i am embarassed to speak of.

nontheless, i was about 90% convinced that i would end up homeless, shamed & trapped in a mental hell for the rest of my life a few years ago. After i got rid of that, the hypochondria & anxiety i had went away. I used to think i was dying about 1-2x a month, i hardly ever get that now.

I still can relate to what you're saying about how at the end of the day, its all pointless. When i start feeling that way i just try to cinvince myself that science will find a way arond it. Nobody had any idea science would give us what we have 100 years ago, 100 years before that no one had any idea things would be the way they were there too. Its also helpful to realize that those feeling, the desire to 'matter' is probably just a side effect of evolutionary psychology and not some divine thought process. That helps a little.

Check your pm.

mother fucker i'm fucking pissed now.. i just fucking wrote out a damn reply and then the mother fucker didn't go through and on top of that i couldn't hit the back button to retrieve what i wrote and just submit again.. FFFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK..

anyway.. here's the skinny of what i wrote.. i almost offed myself this a.m... i took my meds and razors to my folks house b/c i couldn't stop thinking of how i could use them to just end shit.. i then ate and came back and slept for 3 hours and now feel pretty decent.. i attribrute what happened this a.m. to the cyclothymia and have decided to go back on anti-depressants..

as for science.. i cringe when i hear the any sentence containing the words "science" or "fact".. as there really is no such thing.. these two words are based on observation and perception of matter and phenomena.. with no regard to nuomena or the energy that drives this matter.. and just as humans are fooled into thinking that a motion picture is a continual occurence taking place in real-time in front of them.. when in reality their minds are fooled by a set of still photos ran together sequentially in rapid succession.. same concept holds true with the scientific community and any theory they try to prove or disprove.. all are lacking in any true observation of the blanks in between the flashes of reality.. the driving engine.. the energy that drives the phenomena.. and henceforth.. thinking of science does nothing to dissuade my feelings of hopelessness..

i swear to dog if this thing doesn't fucking go through this time i'm gonna through my computer through the window..

fuck.. that reminds me.. i have to go buy a new phone as i broke mine this a.m. cuz it wouldn't stop ringing..

decem said:
mother fucker i'm fucking pissed now.. i just fucking wrote out a damn reply and then the mother fucker didn't go through and on top of that i couldn't hit the back button to retrieve what i wrote and just submit again.. FFFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK..

anyway.. here's the skinny of what i wrote.. i almost offed myself this a.m... i took my meds and razors to my folks house b/c i couldn't stop thinking of how i could use them to just end shit.. i then ate and came back and slept for 3 hours and now feel pretty decent.. i attribrute what happened this a.m. to the cyclothymia and have decided to go back on anti-depressants..

as for science.. i cringe when i hear the any sentence containing the words "science" or "fact".. as there really is no such thing.. these two words are based on observation and perception of matter and phenomena.. with no regard to nuomena or the energy that drives this matter.. and just as humans are fooled into thinking that a motion picture is a continual occurence taking place in real-time in front of them.. when in reality their minds are fooled by a set of still photos ran together sequentially in rapid succession.. same concept holds true with the scientific community and any theory they try to prove or disprove.. all are lacking in any true observation of the blanks in between the flashes of reality.. the driving engine.. the energy that drives the phenomena.. and henceforth.. thinking of science does nothing to dissuade my feelings of hopelessness..

i swear to dog if this thing doesn't fucking go through this time i'm gonna through my computer through the window..

fuck.. that reminds me.. i have to go buy a new phone as i broke mine this a.m. cuz it wouldn't stop ringing..

That a goddamn anger provoking event, has happened to me several times. There have been many times in my life where I wished I could go to sleep and never wake up. I know what you are feeling, it will pass.

Darktooth said:

hmm, that doesn't sound good. suicide is never good and there's no dignity to it. think about how others would feel if you killed yourself... you'd prob hurt them a lot. plus, it ain't a pretty sight, i've seen a few and it's not good.

yeah but they're still into this whole life and reality role they're playing.. so they could chalk it up to an "experience that made them stronger" and use to vault into bigger and better things somehow..

my mom just called and asked why that shit was there.. i told her i must have forgot my meds and that i brought the razors over cuz i didn't need them..

i'm actually over the whole suicide thing now i believe.. i was just in a superlow at the time.. (if anyone doesn't know anything about cyclothymic disorder or ultradian bi-polar type II.. look it up and you'll then understand).. i'm out of it now though.. think i'll go read some sartre.. ehh.. on second thought..

decem said:
1. do you have it?

2. if you answered "no" to #1 ya might as well go on about your bidness in another thread..

3. how long did you have/have you had it?

4. what signs/symptoms do you experience when you have it?

5. what seems to intensify/worsen/bring about the anxiety?

6. what seems to get rid of it?

7. what rx drugs have you taken and which did you like the best and why?

8. how'd you get rid of it if you had it?

9. did you ever do meditation? was it with a professional that showed you how? did it work? did it help you find some deeply rooted cause that you never would have expected?

10. what other shit do you have going on in your life right now?

11. fuck.. i had more questions to ask but i'm on my 3rd beer and my sleeping pill is kicking in.. i'll ask more later as i come up with them.. please answer the above though if you get a chance.. thx..

1. Yes.
2. I already answered yes.
3. About three years now.
4. Can't stop thinking about upcoming event.
5. Having to get on an airplane.
6. Nothing.
7. Xanax.
8. Haven't gotten rid of it, just deal with it when I have to fly.
9. Yes. Did Xanax prescribed by my doctor. It helped lessen the anxiety and got me on the airplane and through the flight.
10. I'm unemployed, therefore probably won't have to fly until I get another job. Talk about lessening flight anxiety while increasing general monetary anxiety!!

Generic MALE said:

For a few years I had a fear of flying that started during a calm flight out of the blue, but I have overcome it. The fear of flying was terrible - white knuckled gripping the seat, sweating, panting, thinking of kicking in the pilots door and forcing him to land the plane type of fear. Overall having a sure feeling that something dreadful is about to happen and there is nothing I can do about it.

How did you overcome it?

Mine started after a particulary turbulent take-off out of Phoenix during a T-Storm. It was my first flight with my wife after we moved from Minneapolis to Phoenix. I attribute the onset of the fear as a result of the big change in our lives (the move cross-country).

I take Xanax 30 minutes before I fly, but I have horrible anticipatory anxiety. I still fly, I just don't like it at all.

I have anxiety and have had for about 10 years. I have taken prozac on and off during this time. It stopped working recently and a member here said he has had good luck with Lexapro. I started taking it 5 days ago and am feeling really good. I got an Rx for ativan to go with it but haven't needed it at all. I have what is called health anxiety, similar to hypochondria. Meditation doesn't work for me I am too high strung. I don't remimber the rest of the questions sorry. Good luck to you in getting well.

bigschweeler said:

How did you overcome it?

Mine started after a particulary turbulent take-off out of Phoenix during a T-Storm. It was my first flight with my wife after we moved from Minneapolis to Phoenix. I attribute the onset of the fear as a result of the big change in our lives (the move cross-country).

I take Xanax 30 minutes before I fly, but I have horrible anticipatory anxiety. I still fly, I just don't like it at all.

I can't believe you read my post. I am wordy.

Funny, mine started on a flight TO Phoenix, as we passed Albequerque the pilot said "if you look out the window to your right you will see Albequerque". I looked and all of a sudden thought something like "SHHHHIITTTTT! I am way up in the air. If God had meant me to fly I would have been born with a rocket in my ass". I had been married less than a year, my wife was ( unexpectedly) pregnant (despite birth control) with our first child, we had a huge hospital bill we owed on because of an emergency stay my wife had and I was really struggling financially in business - I had TONS of anxiety.

I did not fly for a few years, and when my wife flew I would be certain she was going to crash and die. Then one day I was at work and a friend who owned a small 2 seater, and knew of my fear of flying (and insecure ego) called me up and said "I am at the airport right now (about 5 minutes from my office), get over here you are going flying pussy.". I could not say no to a challenge, so I went and we flew - slow and low. About 50 mph, and only a half mile high at most. I could open the side of the plane and look out. It was not so scarey.

I then flew in a commercial plane again and did deep breathing, imagining breathing my fear out of my body. I paid attention to any bump, sure it was the beginning of deadly turbulance. I was this way for about the next 5 times I flew - always so grateful to finally be on the ground. The first few times I flew I would not get up to go to the bathroom on a flight no matter how bad my bladder felt like it would burst. But now I fly and pay little attention to it. If the captain warns of upcoming turbulance over the intercom I make sure my kids are all buckled in though.

Top Bottom