Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

another newb....sorry guys

One of the reasons I use the internet BBing forums.

There have been studies in the New England Journal of Medicine that has shown that your social networks will have an effect on your weight (I prefer body composition).

Loads of fat friends and family = fat you

Loads of fit friends and family = fit you

I have noticed this, especially when getting ready for a comp. What the 'normal' population considers lean is not what the bodybuilding community considers lean, and I have made one serious error in judgement listening to people that don't compete.

The other option is to help your friends and family get into shape. That is my favourite option :)

Loads of fat friends and family = fat you

Loads of fit friends and family = fit you

GODS DO YOU HAVE IT RIGHT TAT!

BY THE WAY ...to the poster...why on EARTH so much cardio. Make it higher intensity, 3x per week...on longer, slow (walk on an incline day) per week and you've got it whipped.

Regarding your answer...my family tried to submarine me 4 days before my last competition with cookies. My man does not let me over there alone any more when I am competing.

Loosers

Welcome tothe forums! May I say that reading your enthusiasm has helped keep ME on track... I remember back TWENTY YEARS AGO when I was you! hehehehe and I am still kickin it at the gym.

I don't really have much more to add as Tatyana and Lady Raptors have already said it all - more food and less cardio. Also Tatyana is correct about not training back 2 in one cycle (one week) as this is not helpfull. You CAN break your legs up into two days, that is true but generally most hit them heavy in one day and leave the rest of the week for rest and growth. It is a good method for changing it up though.

That is one thing that you will realize with progress. And that is that it = CHANGE. You will see that you will constantly have to tweak this or shave/increase that as you want to keep your body in a state of flux. It adjusts VERY quickly...

And amen to the unhealthy friends and family (skinny does not automatically = healthy LOL)! I would always be saddened when there I was to give advice and inspire FOR FREE but when those who were close to me refused to "hear" me, I just smiled and said, "thank you." when anyone asked how I stay in shape or just chuckled when I heard the "wait until" comments. You know the ones:

1. Just wait until you get married - she'll get fat. (On second and LAST marriage)

2. Just wait until she has a baby - she'll get fat. (I have four children, my baby will be 11 soon)

3. Just wait until she hits 30 - she'll get fat. (I just turned 40)

4. Just wait, if she ever gets sick - she'll get fat. (Though I can no longer compete I live daily with severe GI issues and that is me in my avatar)

..... seems that most people have stopped "just waiting" :lmao:

Oh and one more thing - please do not apologize for asking a question. That is why this forum and we are all here, isn't it?

Thanks bikinimom, i do feel very welcome here. I have taken all the advice, i've re-jigged my programme and intend to do this on a monthly basis, am cutting cardio to 2-3 days per week, and training 4 with wednesday as a rest day.....back ONCE per week!!

I dont know why i was doing so much cardio 2raptors...prob quite a common newbie mistake..... lol.

Tried eating a banana before the ym today, got a stitch on the treadmil..... how long before i train should i eat it??

Also got my probiotic yogs, (yum) and am trying pumpkin seeds... (nuts were v expensive!!)

Top Bottom