Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AM + PM workout routein - Questions

mace232

What are the advantages/disadvantages for the following workout schedule:

M-T AM and PM weight training hitting each body part 2 times a week.

Example:

Monday:
AM - Back and Traps

PM - Chest and Bi’s

Tuesday:
AM - Shoulders and Tri’s

PM - Legs

Wednesday:
AM - Chest and Bi’s

PM – Back and Traps

Thursday:
AM - Legs

PM – Shoulders and Tri’s

10 minutes cardio each workout except on Thursday.

I am currently on restricted diet at around 10 x bodyweight (225 pounds). I would consider myself a mesomorph with excess body fat. I have been training for 3 years solid. I take a week break every 3 months. I rest good on the weekends. My diet is good 50% or more protein. I have a high cal cheat meal once a week.

I've done the AM-PM split over the summer, but I had my days split apart more than yours. Is it a scheduling conflict that you can only work out M-Th? If not, then work out MT, off W, ThF. Working out twice a day is very taxing, you need to throw in a day of rest in between. Also, if I highly suggest you not use this type of workout if you're cutting

BOOEY said:
I've done the AM-PM split over the summer, but I had my days split apart more than yours. Is it a scheduling conflict that you can only work out M-Th? If not, then work out MT, off W, ThF. Working out twice a day is very taxing, you need to throw in a day of rest in between. Also, if I highly suggest you not use this type of workout if you're cutting

Thank you for your response. I really think the AM/PM split is great. I am cutting, so I have decided to simply split my single workout in 2.

When I up my cals, I'll try the original plan.

I cannot workout on Friday's, so a Wednesday rest day is not an option.

I seem to run out of steam at around 30 minutes into a workout, therefore this split enables me to put forth much more energy into each workout.

After 2 weeks, unless you're an exception, you'll be burned out and dreading the thought of training...let alone taking 3-4 showers a day.....just no need.........

JKurz1 said:
After 2 weeks, unless you're an exception, you'll be burned out and dreading the thought of training...let alone taking 3-4 showers a day.....just no need.........

My goal is to be exception! May not be possible, but that is what I am shooting for.

Showers have not changed, as I don't shower before hitting the gym in the morning. So I am still at 2 showers per day.

I disagree with you Jkurz. I tried a very similar program over the summer and made consistent gains (~8weeks). But that rest day in between 2 workouts is critical. Mace, Is working out on the weekends an option?

BOOEY said:
I disagree with you Jkurz. I tried a very similar program over the summer and made consistent gains (~8weeks). But that rest day in between 2 workouts is critical. Mace, Is working out on the weekends an option?
You are allowed to disagree with me.......I tried it and was burnt out in a couple of weeks..........good luck.

BOOEY said:

Sigh, I hate typos... exceptional!!!!

Weekends are rather hard for me to fit in. I have a fairly tight schedule. I am on my third day of AM/PM Splits and I am really digging it. Each workout is intense and because they are shorter, I don’t loose my energy as I am calorie restricted right now.

It seems the mid week rest day is important to you. Could you explain a little further. I don’t seem to really have a problem at the end of the week (as of right now).

Well, for me I usually need 48-72 hours for recovery of a body part. So that's why I throw in a day of rest after two days of lifting. For example, on your routine if I were to hit chest on Monday, it would still be sore/fatigued on Wednesday. But that's me. If you can pull it off, go for it.

The set-up is horrible.........sorry, but it is.....you ar ehitting the delts and tris FOUR days in a row....good luck growing.

Top Bottom