Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice on sauna, hot tub?

automaticj5

Ok guys my gym has a sauna and hot tub for use and I have been taking advantage of it lately -- my question is... will over use hurt gains or my body in anyway?

I know the sauna it will... I plan on using the sauna 2-3x a week for 15 minutes each time -- will this help or hurt me in anyway?

Also, I usually hop in the pool for a few minutes and then soak in the hot tub for a good 10-15 minutes a few times a week as well....

will any of this hurt or help my body? strength gains?

Thanks

maybe lower testosterone since your nuts are getting too warm? I know that your nuts are at 2 degrees lower for your sperm cells.

1999TL said:
maybe lower testosterone since your nuts are getting too warm? I know that your nuts are at 2 degrees lower for your sperm cells.

Your testosterone levels are not triggered by excess heat. All it would do is kill the sperm because they get to hot, this would not have any impact on test levels.

An excerpt from WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/4/1680_51511

Every day, a man's testes are busy producing millions of sperm. As in the female cycle, the hypothalamus starts the process by secreting gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) into the bloodstream. GnRH is released approximately every 90 minutes, triggering the pituitary gland to release both luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) into the bloodstream, which carries the hormones to the testes. Within the testes, LH goes directly to the Leydig cells, which triggers the production of testosterone; FSH goes directly to the Sertoli cells, which triggers the production of sperm. When testosterone levels drop, this tells the hypothalamus to release more GnRH, which tells the pituitary gland to secrete more LH and FSH, which tells the body to make more testosterone and sperm. As we discuss later in this article, this hormonal interrelationship, clinically called the hormonal axis, must be in tip-top shape in order for men to produce enough high-quality sperm to fertilize an egg. Trouble with either the Leydig or Sertoli cells may cause unusually high levels of either LH or FSH or unusually low levels of testosterone. Trouble in the hypothalamus or pituitary glands will cause a breakdown of the entire hormonal axis. In all cases, sperm counts will be low or even nonexistent.

So I could be wrong but the excess heat would only be impacting what sperm has already matured because they need to be in a certain temperature range for survival. A hot tub in theory should not have any effect on luteinizing hormone being unable to stimulate the Leydig cells to produce testosterone.

LV_Rider said:
So is daily hot tub use a good method of birth control?

no, not as birth control for men but they definitely advise if you are trying to get pregnant to avoid hot tubs

I don't see how the sauna can hurt your gains in any way. The only thing I can see it doing is taking alot of water out of your muscles but all you have to do is drink enough water afterward to replace it. The sauna has plenty of benefits and I would take advantage of it.

I use the hottub after every workout and am thinking of having a sauna put in my home, I like it THAT MUCH. I don't see how this could hurt your gains as long as you replenish the fluids lost.

And yes, weight-training is now secondary (but still a solid part) to my aquatic work. So I spend a fair amount of time in the pool as well. And after a year of training this way I am happy to say that I am happy with the results. :)

I don't even see how a short time in a sauna could pull water from muscles. I believe the water is pulled from the sub-Q layer not the muscles themselves! Could be wrong so someone discuss!

I don't know if it pulls water from your muscles or not. But you lose a large amount of water sitting in a sauna..so it wouldn't surprise me

Ok guys my gym has a sauna and hot tub for use and I have been taking advantage of it lately -- my question is... will over use hurt gains or my body in anyway?

I know the sauna it will... I plan on using the sauna 2-3x a week for 15 minutes each time -- will this help or hurt me in anyway?

Also, I usually hop in the pool for a few minutes and then soak in the hot tub for a good 10-15 minutes a few times a week as well....

will any of this hurt or help my body? strength gains?

Thanks
Saunas are generally a good thing. A sauna is a type of a heat bath including steam rooms, saunas and hot tubs. It can exercise your blood vessels and helps to lower your blood pressure.

Top Bottom