Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

acne and the doctor...

malice

i know this has been covered many times but i cant search so...

my mom is sending me to the doctor for back acne. i had mild cases while growing up but the acne on my back is due to my gear use.

my question is...if the doctor were to ask me if i was supplementing testosterone what should i say? im an adult so i believe there is a law regarding confidentiality(telling my parents-im not worried about that) but what do i tell the doc? will my insurance be affected if i tell him yes?

any thoughts or ideas?

In your case since testosterone supplementation might be the direct cause of the acne it could possibly affect your insurance..

for instance, your physician could file a diagnosis like, "acne secondary to steroid use" and you could be screwed.

I'd just tell him know in your case.

just my .02
kevin7

I went and told the doc straight up, my insurance was still in affect and is currently covering the majority of my accutane costs.

You need to be a man and get your own doctors appointments already. Heres some advice just say the acne started to show up at whatever time and you havn't been taking anything. If he doesn't prescribe accutane then tell him its from taking juice and that you were nervous about telling him the truth, I know I was when I said it the first time but the doc was really helpful...they want your honesty.

I went to a dermatologist and just said I've been exercising more and that seems to have aggravated my back acne, he seemed to buy that explanation. In my case he gave me Benzamycin (which is benzoyl peroxide and erythromycin, a topical antibiotic) and an oral antibiotic, Doxycycline. In your case he might give you Minocycline instead of Doxycycline, he almost gave me Minocycline but I indicated it didn't do much for me when I tried it years ago through another dermatologist. I'm a little surprised people are recommending Accutane right off the bat, isn't that really bad shit? Of course I'm not a medical professional, I'm just suggesting you let your dermatologist determine the best course of treatment. By the way mine also applies some topic acid when I'm there in the office and even injects larger acne on my back (gross I know), he said that's what will really clear it up. Technically they consider it surgery but it's really him dabbing me with a cotton swab of acid, giving me a peel and injecting an antibiotic in a few places. Best of luck to you!

tell him the truth...you will have no problems with insurence or anything else, plus he could treat it better..hell probably tell you to stop, but not many docs wouldnt...and doxycyline works great for me!

If it were a serious issue I'd be all for being up front with the doctor. But we're talking about fucking acne.

Top Bottom