Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aaargh, cant drop fat for the life of me anymore!!! help!!

B

Burning_Inside

I dunno what my problem is, but i feel so fat, and i've been trying to drop it for the past 3 months and I've got zero results. So yeah, I'm doing something wrong, but what?

About 2 years ago, I was looking a lot slimmer than i am now, but I really do not remember what exactly i was doing either training wise or eating wise. Anyway, that was then.

About 3 months ago, I started a CKD again. I saw 0 results after 6 weeks. I carbed up every 2 weeks for 2 days. I followed it to a tee. I drank a ton of water and ate a ton of fat and definately under 10 grams of crabs a day, and yes I used the strips to make sure i was in ketosis. No results. Except if you want to count strength loss a s a result.

So for about the past month, I've been Weight training 3 days a week, 2 bodyparts a session, and getting in about 2-3 days of cardio for about 30-45 minutes a time. Cardio consists of jogging/stationary bike/elliptical machine, or some days I'll go outside and do a karate type workout. Now diet,,....Well, I set up my diet to do the 40/30/30 thing. 40 protein, 30 carbs and 30 fat. Basically equaled out to like a bowl of cereal and a can of tuna in water 6 times a day, about every 2 hours or so. Drinking a ton of water too, about 3 liters a day. Everything was figured out so that i was eating at about 12x my bodyweight in calories per day.

But here i am still hovering at 210-215 lbs. Bodyfat still probably at least 15%. 23 years old, male, 6'4" in case you want to know that too. Now what is my problem? You have no idea how this aggravates me, i feel like I'm locked inside my own hell, like no matter what I do anymore, that's it, I'm not going to get any leaner. The only thing I could possibly think of that's left that I could tweak is the calories, I can up them to 14x my bodyweight, which is usually maintenance, but who knows, maybe I'm a freak, maybe I'm just not getting enough cals at 12x? or do I lower it to 10x? or do i get a saw and just cut the fat off my stomach already?

So, this is where you come in, please try not to post speculations, I've speculated enough on my own here, I don't need more clouds around my head, I need wholehearted knowledgeable responses here from the gurus, you know who you are. :bawling:

Kick up your cardio to 60 minutes, 5 times a week. Read WarLobo's post on the Women's board about "30+30".

Have you taken a week off and eaten "normally" to play with your metabolism? Do you have a cheat meal, afternoon, day?

help on this

if i do 40/30/30 p/c/f does this meal for 6meals and can i see results in loosing some gut size or fat if i do it this way? i aint serious in being cut just look somewhat slim so its okay to have good carbs at every meal even for example 7pm 1chicken breast 1/2oats or 1slice toast or something like that?

I think your problem is you aint takin it seriously enough. Your attitude
"I don't wanna get **THAT** cut, so I can tweak things and make em more pleasurable/mageable...."

Honestly, that's bullshit. It's all or nothing buddy.
Take it seriously. Do it all the way, and when you're satisfied , you quit. Do not attempt to be dieting and changing your diet when you havent even let the results come in .

Tell you what, this is what I would do . Id make sure Im eating 100% right. People tell me Im obsesed, but trust me it's nto all taht hard....just takes some effort and willpower. Which by the way, if you don't have, you'll stay a fatass the rest of your life. Now , we don't want that.

So, firstly, find your BMR and your AMR and eat 500cals less than your AMR (Active Metabolic Rate).

The formula is as follows
------------------------------
Women: 655 + [4.36 x Weight (lbs.)] + [4.32 x Height (inches)] - (4.7 x Age) = your BMR

Men: 66 + (6.22 x Weight (lbs.)] + [12.7 x Height (inches)] - (6.8 x Age) = your BMR

So say your AMR is 3000cals. Eat 2500cals spread over 6 meals, lower carbs (morning and/or postworkout, depending on when you do your workouts), up the protein to 1.5g / lb bodyweight (otherwise you will lose too much muscle [keep in mind that muscle loss on a diet is inevitable but very avoidable if you weight train and eat correctly, but you need to accept it]), keep sat fat under 20, and do not be scared of fats like olive oil, natural peanut butter, and the ever so famous flax seed oil.
Try supplementing with some shakes or some crap to save you time and $$ *(unless you live in an expensive place).

That sums it up.
Now, finding the right foods is easy. Search.

Good luck mindgame.

Blood-I know I give you grief about being obsessed--but you really know your stuff! When are we going to see pix?

Keiko, actually, I'm not hungry at all during the 2 hrs. or so between meals, so no, I don't cheat at all i guess youd say, I MAY once during the week, I recall the other night I ate a bowl of cereal and a bowl of doritos right in a row. But that's really it. I don't do things like that often at all.

No, I'm not wasting my time with the keto diet again. It doesn't work for me, period. I should have seen results by only carbing up every other week, but i didnt, and I doubt having no carb up at all will do anything different for me,.

I'd say your probably right on that. If two weeks didn't get any results then four wouldn't eaither. This just goes to show what works for one don't work for all. I would try a high protien moderate carb. low fat diet supplemented with plenty of EFAs.

I don't mean a bad cheat (Doritos!) but a legal planned cheat. I think you may have lulled your metabolism into a complacent mode--You need to keep your body guessing--cycle your carbs, eat a planned cheat meal once a week (I do mine the late afternoon before lower body in the next morning).

Top Bottom