Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aaargh, cant drop fat for the life of me anymore!!! help!!

Never argue with a fool, someone watching from the side can't tell who's the fool.

You guys have been cracking me up. Everybody is diffrent and no single plan is right for everyone. Hell, both of you make sense. If you try one and it don't work try another.:cool:

By the way, I did say that I went down from 20% BF to 11% BF ... now about 10%

What I didn't say is that I LOST 35 lbs. of pure fat and gained 7 lbs. of lean muscle mass (losing total of 28 lbs. of bodyweight) and my energy level is skyhigh....

I went from 200 lbs. to 172 lbs. of ripped muscles. My biceps went from 14.5 to 16.25 inches. My waist from 38 inches to 30.5 inches.

Try Andy's solution first ... I know it will never work for you .... then you'll have to switch to my formula ... then you see how fast you lose those fatty love handles and add pounds of solid muscles.

:D

Burning Inside. Any calorie reduction around 1000 per day can cause you to go into starvation mode. This is a combined number, calories burned during exercise and reduction in food calories. Low intensity aerobic exercise burns about 5 cals per minute. Moderate to high intensity around 10 cals per/min. You said that one day you did a 45 min cardio session then a weight training session then later more cardio. At 12 x 215 you are eating about 500 cals below maintenance. If you jog for 45 mins there is another 450 cals plus you weight trained then did more cardio later. It seems likely that your doing to much and putting your body into starvation mode. As far as your body is concerned calorie reduction is calorie reduction, it doesn't know the difference between reduction from exercise or lowered food intake. The simplest way to check if your metabolism has gone to low is with a oral thermometer, every morning. If your readings are consistently low, make changes. Either drop some of the cardio or increase calories, or both.

I'll have to check the temp thing out. But as far as going into starvation mode cause of cardio I'm not so sure. I would like to hear more on this. If I truly get into burning my fat stores during cardio how would this put me in starvation mode? Please explain.

Any nutritionist will tell you that 10X bodyweight is the caloric maintenance for people with slow metabolism. Andy is not taking into consideration that different people have different metabolism.

First off, the title "nutritionist" is a non-existant falsity. People trying to sell you something will call themselves a nutritionist, but there isn't a certification or degree you can attain that will make you a "nutritionist."

I am not yet a registered dietition, but as someone who holds a bachelors degree in dietetics, I can tell you that 10x's bodyweight is prescribed to only bedridden obese patients. Just an fyi.

First of all, I don't look like a runner. I look like a bodybuilder.

What does this mean? You wear pink leotards and a tanktop to the movies?

Andy is banking on the fact that food will be the source of energy to burn your workout. What I am saying is that I am efficiently burning my bodyfat for workout energy.

This is where you really shot yourself in the ass. You cannot, I repeat, cannot utilize fat (dietary or stored) as a sorce of energy for anaerobic activities. Fat cannot be converted, through any mechanism, to glycogen. This is why ketogenic diets will produce ketones... your body cannot convert fat into glucose.

It's fantastic that you've made such progress and for that I applaud you. Did you use any type of AS? Just curious.

Peace.

Rockaho. A person would not go into starvation mode because of the cardio itself. It is the total caloric reduction of less food + calories burned from exercise. Research has yet to show exactly why people go into starvation mode, but the generally accepted theroy is that it is how humans managed to survive countless ice ages, drought and famine. Our paloithic ancestors did not have the luxery of grocery stores or pizza delivery (poor bastards). I have done the thermometer thing myself the last time I plauted and found my tempature readings were lower when I reduce my intake to greater than 800 cals/day. So, from personal experience I know that (for me) more is not better. Nothing is written in stone, and thats why it's best to experiment and find what is gonna work best for you.
Themometer: $5.95 @ WalMart.

A interesting thing to consider while debating the whole calories in vs. calories out idea, is it is not how many calories you burn vs consume over the course of the day, but over the course of the HOUR! that is why you have to be so anal about eating every 2 hours

What a silly thread. First of all Burning, get yourself to a doctor and have her do a full blood workup on you. Make sure she checks full panel thyroid, testo, estro, liver, etc..... I mean the works. If all that checks out OK, then get yourself a registered dietician with knowledge and interest in sports. Stop fluffing around and deal with real people with real qualifications. Cyberflash, you either are not in long term ketosis, or you're training is not anaerobic (in other words you might as well wear pink leotards). BTW all guys think they look like bodybuilders when they flex in the mirror LOL. JB3, you should know better than to say "Fat cannot be converted, through any mechanism, to glycogen. This is why ketogenic diets will produce ketones... your body cannot convert fat into glucose." When you go to sit your exam for registration please don't get this one wrong! I know you know all this, I'm just jogging your memory. Triglycerides convert to free fatty acids PLUS glycerol. If the body requires glucose then glycerol can easily be converted to glucose. Dietary and muscle protein can also be used to produce glucose if needed, so it is possible for cyberflash to be producing enough glucose to keep his brain from atrophying, and if he's on a high protein diet he could even refill some of his depleted muscle glycogen (though probably not enough to move a weight big enough to impress the chicks). Deadlift, despite decades of research it would seem that the ultimate predictor of fat loss is still calories in less than calories out. Sure, eating low GI foods (especially protein) more frequently keeps the metabolism ticking over better, but the equation doesn't change. Calorie deficits AND deposits over the day, week or month most definitely count towards fat loss or fat gain.

Most important of all Burning, if you drop your calories very low, you may notice rapid weight loss. But you should also be concerned about your long term health and metabolism and I can assure you that very low calories is not a good idea if you ever want to stop dieting without major rebound weight gain. Good luck in losing that fat.

Top Bottom