Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A WEEK OF CIRCUIT TO MIX IT UP?? OH!! AND An ALCOHOL ?

Newgrl08

Hi ladies, I haven't been able to post for a few days...

I had a question about throwing in a week of circuit training next week during my week 3 instead of 'heavy' pyramid sets and really pushing the weight. I'm trying to do the cutting phase - I want to lose 15-20lbs of body fat, and I'm certainly noticing muscle growth already after only day one of week 2!! Very happy. However, nervous about getting big. I know I know!! It's probably silly. But, never the less, I wondered if I could 'shock' my body and throw in a week of circuiting and higher cardio, then go back. Or is it too soon by week 3?

CIRCUIT:

Day 1 - upper body circuit 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 2 - HIIT cardio - 30 min
Day 3 - lower body circuit/abs - 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 4 - HIIT cardio 30 min.
Day 5 - Upper body circuit 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 6 - lower body circuit/abs
Day 7 - off

Also...if you stay within the calorie range how bad is alcohol in your training. As in a couple glasses of wine a few times a week? Is it going to slow down the progress?

Some people say it will, but it has never bothered me with fat loss . The only only thing that stops me from losing fat is calories period. If my diet is super clean during the week, and I have some wine or light beer or light rum one night a week, its never mattered.

I've know some girls who compete in my neighborhood who drink beer rediculously close to a show.

To be on the safe side, I'd cut it out for a while, and slowly add it back in as you start to get comfortable with a little slower progress.

Then you can gage for yourself to see how it works for you. Of course, you cant binge drink and expect anything except a huge hangover and the urge to eat fattening foods the next day...so while you are dieting, I'd say drink till you feel a buzz instead of drink till your drunk, if ya know what I mean! LOL

Last edited:
Good advice!! Thanks! :)

I don't think it's necessarily the alcohol if you have a few too many as well, it's like you said - if you binge for the bad food afterward.

cindylou said:
Some people say it will, but it has never bothered me with fat loss . The only only thing that stops me from losing fat is calories period. If my diet is super clean during the week, and I have some wine or light beer or light rum one night a week, its never mattered.

I've know some girls who compete in my neighborhood who drink beer rediculously close to a show.

To be on the safe side, I'd cut it out for a while, and slowly add it back in as you start to get comfortable with a little slower progress.

Then you can gage for yourself to see how it works for you. Of course, you cant binge drink and expect anything except a huge hangover and the urge to eat fattening foods the next day...so while you are dieting, I'd say drink till you feel a buzz instead of drink till your drunk, if ya know what I mean! LOL

Newgrl08 said:
Hi ladies, I haven't been able to post for a few days...

I had a question about throwing in a week of circuit training next week during my week 3 instead of 'heavy' pyramid sets and really pushing the weight. I'm trying to do the cutting phase - I want to lose 15-20lbs of body fat, and I'm certainly noticing muscle growth already after only day one of week 2!! Very happy. However, nervous about getting big. I know I know!! It's probably silly. But, never the less, I wondered if I could 'shock' my body and throw in a week of circuiting and higher cardio, then go back. Or is it too soon by week 3?

CIRCUIT:

Day 1 - upper body circuit 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 2 - HIIT cardio - 30 min
Day 3 - lower body circuit/abs - 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 4 - HIIT cardio 30 min.
Day 5 - Upper body circuit 30-45 min. some cardio
Day 6 - lower body circuit/abs
Day 7 - off

Also...if you stay within the calorie range how bad is alcohol in your training. As in a couple glasses of wine a few times a week? Is it going to slow down the progress?

Throwing in some circuits to keep it fresh is always a good idea but be carefull about doing too much cardio as it will bite you in the rear. There is NO WAY that you will be able to "blow up" like a dude with muscle as you are NOT A GUY and lack the natural test levels.

As to the subject of alcohol. Having a drink/two one night p/week is not the same thing as having a drink/two several nights a week and it WILL slow the fat loss process for virtually the same reason as "a little cheat" several nights per week will.

Try to think on it like this. Is a couple of drinks several/few nights p/week really worth it to take away from all that time and effort you put into this goal while at the gym?

Limit your drinks (we are talking 1/2) to ONE NIGHT per week and you will be so much HAPPIER with your results, I promise you.

cindylou said:

Good post I agree one night a week wont hurt yeah stick to red wine and clear liquors mix it with diet soda or crystal light.

I rarely drink, but drinking has never really been that great to me.

I don't seem to metabolise it well, get drunk too easily, throw up easily, and often feel really dreadful the next day.

The health benefits of a small amount of alchohol are well demonstrated, the 'French paradox' about how their diet is quite animal fat rich, but they drink a small amount of wine most days, and they do not have the issues with high cholesterol and heart disease as is found in other Western countries. The Mediterranean diet also has wine factor into it.

The only things that I would point out, besides what the girls have said about binging, is that alcohol is 7 kcal/g, almost the same as fat.

It also stops fat from being metabolised, so I would try to have alcohol with a fairly clean, low fat, complex carb meal. Unless of course it is red wine and some dark chocolate, one of the best combos for anti-oxidants. :artist:

That's interesting...I have often had my red wine with a higher protein dinner because I think of the sugar in wine as a simple carb. Maybe I'm thinking of that in the wrong way. I have never really thought about having complex carbs with it, I usually try to avoid that as for me wine can sometimes increase appetite as do carbs for me (if not mixed with protein.)

:artist:

Tatyana said:
I rarely drink, but drinking has never really been that great to me.

I don't seem to metabolise it well, get drunk too easily, throw up easily, and often feel really dreadful the next day.

The health benefits of a small amount of alchohol are well demonstrated, the 'French paradox' about how their diet is quite animal fat rich, but they drink a small amount of wine most days, and they do not have the issues with high cholesterol and heart disease as is found in other Western countries. The Mediterranean diet also has wine factor into it.

The only things that I would point out, besides what the girls have said about binging, is that alcohol is 7 kcal/g, almost the same as fat.

It also stops fat from being metabolised, so I would try to have alcohol with a fairly clean, low fat, complex carb meal. Unless of course it is red wine and some dark chocolate, one of the best combos for anti-oxidants. :artist:

I just stay away from it....If it something you dont have to have....why even have it...

Top Bottom