Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A few Questions about getting A Tattoo.

curling

I have been considering it lately since I am massively doing the biker thing and then the other day my wife tells me tattoos turn her on. So anything to up the weekly averagae I am game.

But I have a few questions first if ya'll don't mind answering that have experience.

I am thinking about getting the barbwire or the tribal around the left arm. But I also heard the inside of the arm hurts like and sob is that true?

And if yes to that answer does it look goofy not to go all the way around the arm?

Also somebody told me the barbwire is going out of style(well that kind of bothered me right away because tattoos you can't exactly change with every new style that comes out) So is that bs?

Also what are the do's and don't after you get one? I mean how long do you have to wait till you go into the sun and not wear a bandaid. Can I wakeboard after a week in a river or do how long do I have to wait?

Thanks ahead of time tattooed people. :D

Arm wire / tribal are cliche....get one that reflects the inner you...maybe a picture of cowboy on a boat in one of those ever so cool plastic lawn chairs with a pack of dynamite in one hand and the bible in the other. Add stuff around the chair that says...I am curling damnit!!!

I wouldn't go with the arm ban, but thats just my opinion.

I don't think they hurt. I have 3 and the one on my back was uncomfortable when he was on my spine and over by my "love handles" (don't know what to call it), but it didn't hurt.

My best advice is to use Curel lotion not neosporine(sp) or any other type of ointment. The guy that did my second tattoo told me that and the color looks great.

I got 5. Getting my 6th today. I don't have any on the inside of my arm, but my tattoo artist told me it hurts the most there. I think it looks kind of weird to not have it completed.

The barb wire/ tribal arm band is becoming cliche now b/c people that shouldn't get arm bands [small guys] are getting them; however if a you have pretty big arms then go for it.

4 of my 5 are color tattoos. They took about 2 weeks to heal. My other one and the one I'm getting today are black ink only. My black ink only took a week to heal.

After you get your tattoo, put Vitamin A+D ointment on it every so often for 3 days. They should give it to you. My tattoo artist does. Then keep it moist for the rest of the healing process by putting hand lotion on it. Other things to do are not pick at it, let it be exposed to the sun, stay out of water for 2 weeks just to be safe [if you do go in put vaseline over the entire tattoo], and when you shower do not go over the tattoo with a soapy rag. What you should do is get the soap, and lather up your hand to use over the area. When you dry off don't rub the area, but pat it dry like you would a baby.

Just remember to get something that has meaning to you. I've got over a grand invested into my ink. My logic is that since it'll be on me to the day I die, and then some that it only costs me pennies a day.

i have some tatts. First off about your barbwire. get it cuz you like it and it looks good on you, not cuz everyone else is getting it and dont not get it if you like it cuz you think everyone else is going away from it. i like my tatts and luckily most people do too, but some dont and im cool with it, but id still get it if noone liked it. but you are right, it is permanent. do something different with it maybe? everyone has the wire above their biceps...get it just below your elbow or something. ive seen a few peeps like that and i loved it. also, when they do a tat, they put it on you with ink first (like a sticker) so they can copy over it. well if you dont like it after its on, tell them no and move it down or up...

about other stuff. you'll have a bandage on to protect it from the sun and such. you dont want to scratch it or tear off the scabs. you can get it wet but dont soak it, etc. if you go into the sun at the beach or somethin, just cover it up at first. i dont know the exact time limit, but its not bad really. i dont remember being more than a week. i honestly dont remember wearing the bandage more than like 2 days and mine was fine.

i have one on my forearm. and it goes up to around my elbow. i remember it being tender when he went up ther, but it didnt hurt really bad. my back hurt a hell of a lot worse, but its nothing you cant deal with. and it depends on if you are really muscular, or if you have some fat, etc. it hurts worse on muscle or thin skin, you know. good luck and post some pics when you get it.'

max

Top Bottom