Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

6 weeks out from my target date...and

WHy not plan for the July comp, but as it gets closer, reevaluate? I would aim for the July one, but have the Aug one as your "bail out" in case you don't feel ready.

But, in saying that, the more comps you do, the more you learn and better you do. Even if you aren't 200% ready for the July comp, maybe it would be good to do it to get the jitters out and to help you prep EVEN BETTER for the Aug one!

If posing is your "worst point" then you really need to be focusing on that too. Even the best physique can be destroyed by poor posing. If you learn to pose correctly, your weaker points can be minimized while bringing up your strong points. I would seriously focus on that starting NOW. :)

Like DG said - do the July show. Like I keep telling people, there's "your personal best" in preparing your body w/ diet & training, and then there's your ability to do a show. If you put everything you have into, and set yourself up as a "life or death" situation all around this one show, you can really make it much more than it is. There are many shows, not just this one and only one. If you set up the July one as a throw away, 2 things will happen:

1) you will have experience about being on stage & have an idea of the things that you are comfortable w/ and the things that you are not --> gives you specific things to tweak when u are on stage for "the" show. Not to mention that level of confidence that, if you only do one show this yr, means you spent that one show getting a taste of the stage and you have no more opportunities to optimize that based on what you learned doing this first show.

2) Because you are doing figure and not BB, the "cost" of recovering from that last week's prep & the associated depletion will be much less (compared to BB) and will not really impact your ability to prep for the 2nd show. If anything, you can consider the July show a "dry run" and give you an optimized baseline for prepping for the next show.

jackedmom said:
I hope the hell I can make it. I've been trying sooo hard. My intensity at the gym is great. My diet is spot on and things are coming down but in order to preserve the muscle up top I can't rush things...I just hope things all fall in place in time for my show. I had orginally set a target date end of July. There is a comp August 13th I want to do. I've got to get my ass in gear, literally before I commit. Based on shitty pics, is this doable???

I think you look fantastic!! You will look 5 pounds smaller when you tan. So knowing that, you are show ready now. Just polish it off with everybody's feedback and you'll be smokin'. Plus, carbbing up does go a long way!! GREAT WORK! :verygood:

Top Bottom