Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

Need to catch up a bit with what I have done and finishing off this week of pre-exhausting the muscle routine

Saturday, legs and shoulders

Leg training, sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it.

I loved it cause I had my training buddy

The hate bit is mostly all the thoughts before hand about how much it is going to HURT.

Pre-exhaust with some leg extension work

I love moving a lot of weight, but I think for the sake of form, I am going to drop the weight a bit on my squats to make sure I am going to just below parallel, cause I am not doing that with what I used this week, 100kg/220 lb.

I also did drop sets on the hack squat, starting at 260 kg/572 lb, and dropped 20 kg/45 lbs every set

Pre-exhaust with leg curls and then drop-set leg curls

Same sort of thing with shoulders, pre-exhaust with lateral raises, then drop sets

Military press, I am quite pleased with, I am pressing 40 kg/90 lbs. I can remember when I though doing dumbell presses with 6 kg/12 lbs was really really tough.

The best thing about training on the weekend, and training early for a change is the train, eat and then have a nap.

It really has got to be the best way to grow muscles.

Sunday I did back and triceps again

DB pull-overs - Pre-exhaust and then drop sets starting on 25 kg/55 lbs

T-bar rows I dropped the weight at bit to 45 kg/100 lbs

I think that going with perfect form and slow reps at an even cadence, increasing the time under tension really works for me, so if that means fewer ego lifts, so be it.

Close grip cable pull downs - Pre-exhaust and drop sets starting on 60 kg/132 lb, dropping 10 kg with each set

Rope press downs pre-exhaust and then drop sets

Weighted dips

This morning I got up and actually did fasted cardio again, and I did some RUNNING.

The walking thing is really not cutting it for me, and I know running does burn the fat off a lot faster.

I am not doing continual running, really a mix of walk, jog, run, I am going to work up to more of a HIIT thing.

I just weigh so bloody much, and if I run a lot, my knees, achilles and feet HATE ME.

So as there has been far too much typing and not enough visuals, I am going to post some more music.

I have been into Amy Winehouse as of late, love her voice, love her style, love the videos

Last edited:

Quick update

I am becoming a cardio queen

After heavy chest and bis on Monday, I did another 30 min on the X-trainer.

One hour of walk, jog, run along the seafront Tuesday morning, then back, biceps and some ab work with my training buddy at the other gym we train at.

My new awesome lift, 90 kg/198 lb, and if felt EASY.

So cool, I have been stuck on 70 kg for AGES.

Tonight, my body aches, so I only did 45 min walking, fast pace incline.

I am going to have to take some progress pics or something soon to make this journal more exciting, even I am a bit tired of just writing out what I am doing

:)

i tell ya.. you are like a :wonder woman:

take some pics when you can, would love to see your muscles :heart:

princesa said:
i tell ya.. you are like a :wonder woman:

take some pics when you can, would love to see your muscles :heart:

Progress pics are LONG overdue.

I am re-arranging my flat (again), so I will be able to take pics in the same location as before.

Same lighting, same time of day, it's the scientist in me keeping the variables the same.

Today, cardio only, think it was about a 45 min walk-jog thing along the sea front, some of it on the beach.

I couldn't find my heart rate monitor so no specifics.

I am aching from the last two days of heavy training anyway, I usually don't like training more than two days in a row, just gets to be too much.

I was on-call in the hospital last night, so not much sleep at all, and it does make thing a bit odd for training and also having my calories work out over 24 hours.

I don't have the luxury of time if I want to do a BNBF qualifier this year, so it is CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO.

45 min this morning on the x-trainer.

Tonight I did heavy chest, biceps and calves, swapped it up a bit so that I can do legs more well rested, chest is getting hit twice this week.

Chest wasn't as heavy as earlier in the week, I was tired, and also even though I love the big, heavy, ego lifts, pushing as much weight as I possibly can, it is not always the best thing for muscle growth, takes too long to recover, and can just really suppress the CNS and immune system.

All of this training was quite slow, controlled (long time under tension) with an 'explosive' positive.

Also, my training buddy can't train on Fridays, so silly to go really heavy on my own. I did on Monday, and my last rep on bench I had to drop onto my chest and roll it down my body, not very good form

Incline bench 45 kg/99 lb

DB flat bench 17.5 kg/39 lb

Cable cross overs 20 kg/44 lb

Dips

Seated decline DB curls 12 kg/26 lb

E-Z curls 25 kg/55 lb

Seated calf raises 40 kg/88 lb

45 min walking cardio, 10 percent incline, 4 km/h

The gym was playing this banging miami 08 remix that I can't remember now, but it really, really helped to keep moving.

Felt fab by the time I left the gym.

:D :D
Tatyana said:
I was on-call in the hospital last night, so not much sleep at all, and it does make thing a bit odd for training and also having my calories work out over 24 hours.

I don't have the luxury of time if I want to do a BNBF qualifier this year, so it is CARDIO, CARDIO, CARDIO.

45 min this morning on the x-trainer.

Tonight I did heavy chest, biceps and calves, swapped it up a bit so that I can do legs more well rested, chest is getting hit twice this week.

Chest wasn't as heavy as earlier in the week, I was tired, and also even though I love the big, heavy, ego lifts, pushing as much weight as I possibly can, it is not always the best thing for muscle growth, takes too long to recover, and can just really suppress the central nervous system and immune system.

All of this training was quite slow, controlled (long time under tension) with an 'explosive' positive.

Also, my training buddy can't train on Fridays, so silly to go really heavy on my own. I did on Monday, and my last rep on bench I had to drop onto my chest and roll it down my body, not very good form

Incline bench 45 kg/99 lb

DB flat bench 17.5 kg/39 lb

Cable cross overs 20 kg/44 lb

Dips

Seated decline DB curls 12 kg/26 lb

E-Z curls 25 kg/55 lb

Seated calf raises 40 kg/88 lb

45 min walking cardio, 10 percent incline, 4 km/h

The gym was playing this banging miami 08 remix that I can't remember now, but it really, really helped to keep moving.

Felt fab by the time I left the gym.

Tatyana-
your work out is very good and if you want your legs to be more cut, 45 minutes with an incline is excellent...

Tatyana, how can I get help to upload pictures on a thread? I upload it on Photobucket, but then where did it go? :D

thandie said:
:D :D

Tatyana-
your work out is very good and if you want your legs to be more cut, 45 minutes with an incline is excellent...

Tatyana, how can I get help to upload pictures on a thread? I upload it on Photobucket, but then where did it go? :D

It should be in your album.

You cut the image code and then paste it into the thread.

I did some progress pics on Sunday, but I have been ILL since then.

Sunday was dreadful, I think it is flu, I threw up and then could barely manage even whey coolers.

The thought of anything not clear or solid just turned my stomach.

I have been getting food into me since then, but I have been sleeping a fair amount.

Tatyana said:
It should be in your album.

You cut the image code and then paste it into the thread.

I did some progress pics on Sunday, but I have been ILL since then.

Sunday was dreadful, I think it is flu, I threw up and then could barely manage even whey coolers.

The thought of anything not clear or solid just turned my stomach.

I have been getting food into me since then, but I have been sleeping a fair amount.

Than you Tatyana, I think I got it now..
Uuuuhh, I hope you feel better. Rest, rest, rest and lots of liquids.

Please post some pictures!!

Here goes the pics.

p10100173-1.jpg

p10100223.jpg

p10100232.jpg

p10100072-1.jpg

p10100042-1.jpg

And the new bikini. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRR

:)

What I don't get is how my legs can look so skinny from the front yet so bloody BIG from the back and side. I would kill for that awesome outer quad teardrop

p10100344.jpg

p10100332.jpg

Top Bottom