Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1st post, already asking questions

thaifightgrl77

Hi ladies,

I have been researching and reading posts for about a week. Its time to come out of hiding and hit the forum. My husband introduced me to weight lifting about 6 years ago. My daily life revolves around eating, hitting weights, and training in Muay Thai. I have made great progress and almost have the nerve up to do a contest next month. Here in lies the problem; I have no idea how to prepare for this. I'm 5'4" and weigh 115lbs. I want to go after the Figure division. My upper body is pretty tight but my butt and legs need attention. They are muscular just not defined. I do not need to build them because my upper body is small. I just need to get hard. I want this bad. I'm just not sure how to prepare for this. Its October 25th. Ladies, please fill my head with your thoughts, I really need you to help me.
Thank you.

8.5% - 9.0% body fat
7:00am 4egg whites, 1 cup special K, 6 oz skim milk
9:30am Myoplex lite meal replacement w/ H2O
12:00pm Shredded chicken with pasta or sweet potato( I will admit the sweet potato thing is hard to eat faithfully) apple/banana
3:00pm this is been hard to do since I'm still full from lunch- I need a recomendation
5:00pm gym
700pm RTD 40 drink- love'm 40 gr protien, 13 carbs, 1 sugar, 240 cal.- I just started drinking these immediatly post work out this week. I'm hungry by the time I get home.
8:00pm either chicken/lauras lean beef/tuna/lauras lean steak with a carb be it pasta, potatoe, sweet potato.
In bed around 10:00pm
Monday- Chest, triceps, abs
Tuesday- Muay Thai
Wednesday- Back and biceps
Thursday- Muay Thai
Friday- Shoulders, abs
Saturday- 2 hour Muay Thai- kills me every time
Sunday - Legs
Now that I spell it all out I think I might need a rest day?
Your input please.
Thanks.

You're eating a lot of starchy carbs; most of us drop starchy carbs considerably (replacing with fibrous carbs) the closer we get to a show.

Your breakfast protein is low - 4 eggs whites is only 12 grams of pro; your breakfast carb source should be a complex carb, like oats. You can always toss a scoop of protein into 1/2 a cup of oatmeal - at least you'll get 20-30 grams of protein (depending on type of pro you use).

I'd get rid of the milk and the fruit for the rest of your diet - you need to try and keep your simple sugars at a bare minimum, and milk and fruit hit the simple sugar category. You're eating no fibrous vegetables that I can see - switch out the potatoes/pasta for salads with lots of green veggies. You also don't have any essential fatty acid sources (EFAs) like flax oil, olive oil, fish oil etc., so I'd toss a little oil and vinegar on the salad for dressing.

You want to keep your protein high, fat low to moderate(20% or so), and carbs as low as possible (although you can eat ALOT of fibrous vegetables - I don't even count them towards my daily carbs).

I will make the needed changes tomorrow. I started flax oil this week as well. Any advice on getting my glutes harder? If I go heavier will my quads grow? They are the most prominent part of my legs. I need to build more hams too. I feel I can do this next month with a little guidance on how to prepare. Thanks for getting me started on the right track.

BTW - she won her competition last weekend - both her class and the overall. This qualified her for the 2004 NABBA Nationals - quite an accomplishment for your first competition!

AngMC - keep in mind she was dieting down for competition; no one has ever said competition bodyfat levels are healthy. :)

Top Bottom