Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

six pack abs vs. big size dude

abs. vs size

• six pack

Votes: 263 50.6%
  • big dude

Votes: 256 49.2%

• Total voters
We all hate braggarts, but just sit down and hear me out... Gotta brag on this: I went to the dentist for a whole workup on Wednesday. One of the things they ask in the questionnaire, is whether you snore, for some reason. I said yes, and there was a sub-section to fill out including weight, height, and BODY FAT %. They had this lame graph where you look up your height, weight, and cross it to your age, and it gives a BF%. I came up with 25-something % on the graph, and I just had to have some fun with the staff with that! I went up to the window (21-ish blond receptionist), and said I thought there was a mistake on their graph. I was wearing fairly baggy clothes, and she said "Well, you're 43....... Maybe we could say that 23% or whatever it was, is OK and not overweight?" I knew she'd say that to be polite. So I said, "So you're saying that if a 43-year-old had, let's say below 10%, that would be better?", and she said "OH, no way is anyone over 25 going to be that low." I said, "Hmmmmm: I guess that's pretty unusual, and I suddenly had an itch in the corner of my eye, and put my finger under my shirt to scratch my itchy eye with my T-shirt. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw the veins popped out on this 43-year-old's 5.7% BF sixpack! She called the other girls on the staff up to the front desk! Needless to say, it was ruled out that obesity was the cause of my snoring.......

Charles

PS: If my wife somehow reads this post, does anyone have an extra van down by the river I could stay in?

We all hate braggarts, but just sit down and hear me out... Gotta brag on this: I went to the dentist for a whole workup on Wednesday. One of the things they ask in the questionnaire, is whether you snore, for some reason. I said yes, and there was a sub-section to fill out including weight, height, and BODY FAT %. They had this lame graph where you look up your height, weight, and cross it to your age, and it gives a BF%. I came up with 25-something % on the graph, and I just had to have some fun with the staff with that! I went up to the window (21-ish blond receptionist), and said I thought there was a mistake on their graph. I was wearing fairly baggy clothes, and she said "Well, you're 43....... Maybe we could say that 23% or whatever it was, is OK and not overweight?" I knew she'd say that to be polite. So I said, "So you're saying that if a 43-year-old had, let's say below 10%, that would be better?", and she said "OH, no way is anyone over 25 going to be that low." I said, "Hmmmmm: I guess that's pretty unusual, and I suddenly had an itch in the corner of my eye, and put my finger under my shirt to scratch my itchy eye with my T-shirt. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw the veins popped out on this 43-year-old's 5.7% BF sixpack! She called the other girls on the staff up to the front desk! Needless to say, it was ruled out that obesity was the cause of my snoring.......

Charles

PS: If my wife somehow reads this post, does anyone have an extra van down by the river I could stay in?

That's hilarious but yeah really rare to be that low period but especially at 43. Nice work!

Being lean and looking great feels wonderful. Girls will notice.

Being BIG and having some definition ie not having a gut won't get the same attention, but you will be noticed as well.

I'm 5'8.5" and 225lbs atm, but my bodyfat is a little higher than I would like. I honestly don't really care about being 10% or lower as I look great between 12-15% with my frame.

Goal is 245lbs and 12-15% bf.

As a woman, I just have to say I chose big guy bc I'd feel protected but I don't want a guy too huge. On the other hand, I think most of us like 6 packs but if the reason a man has a 6 pack is bc he's scrawny, we don't like that either.

There's a happy middle ground.

6 pack abs takes dedication for most guys that aren't ectomorph's with decent framse. Not all ectomorph's are created equal.

It's mostly about diet and cardio.

That said a "big dude" that is not a total fatass that lifts some serious weight has put some real time and effort under the bar.

The 6 pack abs guy has 24/7 diet and cardio commitment and may very well train hard.

The big dude is more concerned with eating enough for the strength and size and probably trains harder just given that perhaps he benches +300lbs for reps compared to 185. It takes a greater force of will to bench +300lbs or squat 400+ for reps. This is not something you casually do. Even strong guys need to focus in and get their mind right when you start handling weights like this.

Both have their perks. I like it when I was lean. I got lot's of attention from the ladies. That said I didn't like being weak and small.

At my size now I get quite abit of respect from guys. When I was small guys would walk right in my direction and expect me to move out of the way. Nowadays 95% of the time if I am walking towards some dude they move to the side. You can call this what you want, but it's a sign of male to male respect for your physicality. At it's most base level it's a display of submission to the bigger/stronger guy. This doesn't hold true in all cases. I often move out of the way of smaller guys just as a courtesy, but you get my drift.

Most guys sporting 6 packs at 185lbs or less bodyweight are what I would class as weak and small. Not all of them though. There are plenty of guys in that range that have worked hard in the gym and are strong, but the majority of guys like I am describing really aren't impressive in the weight room. Of course this is generally not their goal from training anyhow so who cares.

If you want admiration for your abs and mainly care about what the ladies think then 6 pack all the way. If you personally like being lean like that all the time more power to ya.

If you like being alot bigger and stronger than most guys regardless of how lean you are then cool. If you like walking around knowing you can lift X amount then more power to ya.

Different strokes for different folks.

My last words on this topic.

Top Bottom