Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats up with my arms

miked8c

185lbs.
5'8
max bench 270
max squat 360
pull ups- 17
arm size- 14.5 cold

Something here does not belong^^
ARM SIZE

I know those lift numbers are not impressive by many peoples standards on this site. But still I figure that if I can press 270 shouldnt my arms be at least 15.5 or even 16? Maybe I am wrong but if the average man has an unpumped arm of 14" and can bench 93% of his bodyweight(avg. male BW is 180ish) shouldnt my arms be significantly large than they are? If anyone could shed some light on this situations and connect the dots for me it would be terrific.

im 188 and 14inch biceps, granted I am not as strong as you but your gonna have to gain bodyweight to get bigger arms, no way are your arms just gonna grow suddenly when the rest of you doesnt. You dont have great arm genetics by the sounds of it, neither do I you just gotta accept it and put up with slow progress of arm growth compared to the rest of you I guess :(

also if you currently training biceps with curls and the such, try dropping them and just see if they grow from chinups and rows, the only time I ever got significant arm growth was in the beginning where I didnt complain about arm work and I just got on with it, and the only time my bi's were sore was from heavy weighted curl grip chinups which I actually was doing for back at the time but without me realising they made my arms grow.

Well I benched 255x1 when I was only benching 215x3 and now I bench 225x4 so my max must be higher and yet my arms are only 14.5 cold flexed. If it makes you feel any better the statistics I read said the average male has a 13 inch flexed bicep and can only bench maybe 135. For younger males it is higher though.

Your bench is quite good. I was bleesed with amazing genetics i guess,
age 16,
18 inch arms.
But i only bench like 235x2
6 ft
195 lbs

well...you only posted one excersize that has anything to do with your bicepts and thats pullups and even at that your not gonna build a whole lot on pullups for your bis.

what are you doing for your bis?

iff you want bigger arms , id suggest doing alot of strait bar curls, seated hammer curls and revers curls. i like to do drop sets on the strait bar. find your max try to do atleast 1 self and 1 assisted, drop down 2-3 self 2-3 assisted so on an so on.

Your bench is quite good. I was bleesed with amazing genetics i guess,
age 16,
18 inch arms.
But i only bench like 235x2
6 ft
195 lbs

No offense but I want to see a pic or video or something of those 18 inch arms. You are only 5 pounds heavier than me at the same height but have 18 inch arms? I find it really hard to believe that a 6 foot 195 17 year old has 18 inch arms. Even if you had a lot of fat there is no way you could have enough fat or muscle to have 18 inch arms at that weight and height. But to the topic I'll bet miked8c needs to add some isolation exercises into his routine, also add rows, heavy chinups with weight like EM said, and maybe try 20 reps squats. I have heard that if you can squat 1.5 times bodyweight for a set of 20 you are guaranteed to gain some major arm size. So you would have to squat 280 for a set of 20:evil:

Top Bottom