Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time to go get a pro card - LOG

Hehe i learned the same last year. So finaly my training is giving better results.

But im gonna follow up with one more q. What do you think about time under tention?

I do mixed workouts. The point is to never allow your body to adapt to a specific lifting routine / technique. So sometimes I will use slower movements and sometimes faster. But in general, I start my workout with 2-3 exercises at which I do higher TUT (ie slow movements - say 1-2s up and 3-4s down) and the remaining of my workout I do a few exercises with faster movements and more reps. ("pump sets")

I do mixed workouts. The point is to never allow your body to adapt to a specific lifting routine / technique. So sometimes I will use slower movements and sometimes faster. But in general, I start my workout with 2-3 exercises at which I do higher TUT (ie slow movements - say 1-2s up and 3-4s down) and the remaining of my workout I do a few exercises with faster movements and more reps. ("pump sets")

Thx bro

That's what I always do. It's not the weight that matters most but the way you're able to hit the muscle. Proper contact along with good brain-muscle connection is crucial to properly stimulate that muscle to grow.

I used to be the "just lift heavy" dude in my early years of training. I would put on as much weight as I could lift and just PUUUUSH !!! :D --> Progress was shitty, all I got from it were continous injuries.

Even as a powerlifter we don't push Heavy weight week after week. Even though though I do max weights once a week It's only for 3-5 sets of 1-3 reps and the other workouts are about 50-60% of 1RM for9-12 sets of 2-3 reps for speed. The rest of my lifts are accesory lifts and are done in a 5-20 rep range for 2-5 sets. So the "lift heavy all the time" mentality doesn't even apply to powerlifters. Most bodybuilders than I know perform what I would consider "moderate weight" and just to a high volume and most of them are VERY large guys.

I will post pics on Sunday

Macros
Workout days
3700cal, 335p/340c/110f

Non workout days
3100cal.265p/260c/110fats

Supplements
Mp combat powder
Fish oil
Taurine
Hawthorne berry
Xtend
Cytosport on workout days

-am fasting cardio 40 mins 65% heart rate. I will do this 4x a week depending on my days off, usually depends on what day
Split
Chest
Legs & abs
Shoulders & calves
Off
Back & abs
Arms & forearms
I workout 5 days a week but the days i workout or what I workout all depends on how I work.

Hope this helps

Here's what I would change:

- keep your protein at 2g/lb of BW on all days, no matter if you workout or not
- you aren't supplementing with any vits/mins? throw in a strong multi

I think your macro split is not OK. If I did that I know i'd feel like crap.
You should either increase prot and carbs and decrease fats, or cut out the carbs and increase both fats and protein. Depends on what makes you feel better. I've tried both ways and find the results to be pretty much the same, but the low-carb, higher fat option kills my appetite completely and therefore IMO it is a bit more useful when trying to get to really low BF levels when hunger can become a real issue.

I like to always mix up my workouts too. That certainly seems to be the most efficient and effective way of making progress and stimulating growth. I also seem to get the most growth at a higher rep range of 12-15 vs 9-11 reps, but I will do the lower rep ranges when trying to concentrate more on strength gains

Great info here man. Certainly appreciate all your contributions so far

That's what I always do. It's not the weight that matters most but the way you're able to hit the muscle. Proper contact along with good brain-muscle connection is crucial to properly stimulate that muscle to grow.

I used to be the "just lift heavy" dude in my early years of training. I would put on as much weight as I could lift and just PUUUUSH !!! :D --> Progress was shitty, all I got from it were continous injuries.

Bro this so true! My trainer has his pro card and when i first started with him i thought he was crazy. He said that all these people trying to go as heavy as possible were the ones who's physique never changes much. He said us pro's dont train like that. I thought really he was insane. He said exactly what insanity said and that pros work out for maximum intensity and maximum mind muscle concentration. Since i have adapted that training method i am actually seeing alot better results. All that to say that insanity has his shit together. Great thread bro and thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using EliteFitness

WOW!
I just finished with all 15 pages of this thread. My hat off to insanity and to all you other posters as well. This is one of the very best threads that I have ever read on here.
I def will keep up with this one.
Thanks insanity for your time and effort in here.
Regards bro.

Top Bottom