Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time to go get a pro card - LOG

Got a bunch of people PM-ing me asking me about how come I don't use HGH.

Here's a good read for anyone on that particular subject:

Growth hormone and the heart. [Endocr Rev. 1994] - PubMed - NCBI

Anabolic Steroids, Growth Hormone, and Hypertrophy of the Heart by Willem Koert

Since I have been diagnosed with pretty severe left ventricular hypertrophy several years ago, I do not wish to take this risk any further. Getting into the hall of fame by 50 is not exactly what I'm planning with my life

This is usually 100% reversible with lots of cardio etc. You're carrying too much weight/mass for your size is whats causing it. You remember what the measurement was for the wall thickness? I think I recall <12mm being in the normal range

Yes but that year when I was experimenting with HGH it progressed much quicker than before. Mine is well over 12mm, closer to 13.

Now I am no doctor but my cardiologist told me this is a pretty much irreversable thing. So now I just do regular check ups to ensure it's not progressing, keep my BP in check and take a low dose aspirin every day ...

That's what I always do. It's not the weight that matters most but the way you're able to hit the muscle. Proper contact along with good brain-muscle connection is crucial to properly stimulate that muscle to grow.

I used to be the "just lift heavy" dude in my early years of training. I would put on as much weight as I could lift and just PUUUUSH !!! :D --> Progress was shitty, all I got from it were continous injuries.

Exactally! I made a post about this a few months back.

Everything you have posted have been along the lines about what i've been saying.

Great Thread.

WOW!
I just finished with all 15 pages of this thread. My hat off to insanity and to all you other posters as well. This is one of the very best threads that I have ever read on here.
I def will keep up with this one.
Thanks insanity for your time and effort in here.
Regards bro.

No doubt one of the best posts in years here.

@ Insanity....The 2 links to HGH and heart health you posted were very interesting. i was planning a year of 4 iu 5 on 2 off. But now im thinking more of just a HRT dose of 2 iu instead. Basically for me just for recovery and soft tissue/tendon/joint HRT especially. I cant see a normal "replacement" dose like 2iu doing any damage no?

Last edited:
Yes but that year when I was experimenting with HGH it progressed much quicker than before. Mine is well over 12mm, closer to 13.

Now I am no doctor but my cardiologist told me this is a pretty much irreversable thing. So now I just do regular check ups to ensure it's not progressing, keep my BP in check and take a low dose aspirin every day ...

Mine is also in the 12-13mm range. 13mm for a measurement is not *that* bad - it's not a sole indicator of heart function. It really means that its probably working too hard.

There's two camps of thoughts on the issue, obese people who completely turn their lifestyle around will see the LV atrophy. While some others say it is irreversible.

My cardiologist is a research doc at a major medical university, he told me it could be reversed with lifestyle changes.

Gotta love doctors, always telling you conflicting stories.

Hi Bro :).
Im new on the board and I'll enjoy to read your blog (Thums up).
I'll beginning on my diet in June for the National Championship (DM), that my second competition. I started to planning my meal plan with supplement and that stuff.
Maybe you could show us how your meal plan looks like? Then I could compare it with my own.. I would really like to get my one revised :)

Top Bottom