Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Milk BAD?!

Valdez

I hired a bodybuilding nutritionist to help me prepare for my first contest, $200 unlimited help. bodyfat checks, diet planning, last minute details etc. he will help me as long as I am in state. anyway...

He said the body can only use 7% or so of the protein in milk because it is pasturized and de-natured. now I know that milk should be elimated from a contest diet but I thought milk was a great source of protein?

What's up?:confused:

I remember reading something about that AGES ago. i thought it was "conventional bodybuilding wisdom" from yesteryear that had been completely discredited. I'd be interested to hear any other responses. Neither of those processes should denature a protein, but hey, you never know.

well no matter what, whether it is nutritional or not i am going to continue drinking it because MILK IS THE SHIT!

Milk would be fine if it wasnt pateurised, unfortunately commercially produced milk is pasteurised which destoys all the vitamins , minerals and digestive enzymes , which now have to be supplied by your body , in other words you actually lose calcium by drinking milk. This also explains why so many people are lactose intolerant as lactase the enzyme needed to digest milk is destroyed through pasteurisation.

Excuse me?

BigAndy,

I'm not sure what you're talking about but pasteurization is a good thing... it kills bacteria. It also does not destroy its vitamins and minerals, and most definately does not cause you to lose calcium. How in the world did you come up with that? There are countless studies showing that milk (calcium) intake delays/prevents the onset of osteoporosis.

Also, lactase is not, or has ever been, contained within milk itself. That makes no sense. Why would an enzyme that breaks down lactate be contained within milk itself? The enzyme would cause immediate breakdown of the CHO. Much of the population is lactose intolerance because of an inherent genetic disposition. As these people (mostly non-caucasian) age, their production of lactase decreases, causing lactose intolerance. This happens in the elderly as well.

Yep, heard same thing today Bigandy

ditto on that about losing the calcium and the vitamins etc.

the thing that pisses me off is that I love cheese and that is made from pasterized milk. also the fact that it is homoginization makes the digestion difficult and it is not very good for the body. :alien: alien to the human body

:splat:

bigandy, youre a fucking moron . you think youre funny posting with other people aliases??

thats fucking childish man. wtf is up wichoo?! Youre giving bigandy69 a bad name with those ignorant remarks you just made...bigandy69's the shit man.

hey blood drinker whats up with the false accusations ,like i would ever do something so pathetic as post under a different alias to get my point across .All im trying to do is share some helpful info ive come across with all the bros out there, if people dont want to listen thats up their choice. By quality of your remarks it really must be true that preschoolers are into gear.

Alright lets see if I can clear this up....

The nutritive value of pasteurized milk is similar to that of raw milk. The changes that occur are very small. First off, pasteurization helps in the prevention of certain harmful bacteria such as gastroenteritis, TB, diphtheria, and both typhoid and scarlet fever. I don't know about you, but these are things I don't want to take a chance of getting.

As for what things are effected: (From raw to pasteurized milk)

*thiamin levels are slightly decreased.

*vitamin B12 and C are slighly decreased.

*Approximately 6% (very small) of the calcium becomes insoluble. This does not necessarily mean it does not supply a good amount of calcium. 6% insoluble < 94% soluble, big difference.

*Only about 1% of the protein coagulate.

*Some of the Vitamin K is destroyed.

*The biggest effect that pasteurization creates is the increase dispersion of fat globules, which reduces the cream line. Pasteurization will decrease/denature enzymes responsible for the prevention of rancidity in homogenized milk. One of the main reasons pasteurized milk spoils is because of the putrefactive bacteria that hydrolyzes the milk proteins. Actually, some of the polyphenolic compounds that are found in fruits and vegetables act to curdle milk, and of course, so does increased temp's. and acids and certain enzymes.

HOMOGENATION

This is a PHYSICAL process (not chemical), where it decreases the size of the fat globules. This in return increases the number of globules of fat, which leads to an increased surface area of fat. This will bring about a more stable emulsion and decreases the rising of the cream. Because this is a physical process, it does not change the nutritive value of the milk. The milk will appear whiter as a result of the increased dispersion of fat globules. It also alters the viscosity, surface tension, flavor, and cooking properties. It will foam much easier because of the increased surface tension, but there will be a reduction in the curd formed (produces a softer curd), WHICH MAKES IT EASIER TO DIGEST.

***As for the Reduced Lactose Milk, it is pasteurized and ultrapasteurized, or is UHTprocesssed. It is treated with lactase to reduce the lactose by about 70%. This can be nonfat, 1%, or 2% milk. It will have a sweter taste. An alternative to lactase treated milk is to purchase lactase enzyme products and add them directly to whole milk.
MR. BMJ

Top Bottom