Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

critique my diet fellows

it stars sAddam

Calling All Bodybuilders! READ THIS!

Okay, I am 15 years old, 5 7 and I45lbs. I have been lifting for about 6 months and have made great gains in that short amount of time. Since school started on Aug 25 I have put on about 7lbs, and I still have ripped abs so I am happy about that. The Elite members have helped me a lot with my bodybuilding, as I have been reading posts on this site for months now, learning more and more everyday. I was wondering if now that I have finally registered a name on the site, you would critique my current diet because I know its not perfect. I am trying to put on some decent mass.

7:00am - 4 whole eggs scrambled with two slices of cheese, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, a piece of fruit, and a glass of 1/2% milk.

Now between 7:00am and 12:20pm is a bad time for me because I am rarely able to eat anything between this time period and I know that that is not good. :( I am going to work on getting in a meal or two during this time.

12:20pm - about 4-6 oz. of chicken breast, a yogurt, 3 small cartons of milk from the cafeteria, almonds, two slices of buttered wheat bread, and a piece of fruit

I workout at about 3 oclock so afterwards (about 4) I drink 2 scoops of whey.

5:00 - 6:00 - anywhere in between this time I eat dinner, usually steak or chicken, with a carbohydrate source such as baked or mashed potatoes, milk and a piece of fruit.

Before bed, at about 10:00 - I eat a cup of cottage cheese with pineapple and 2 scoops of Jif Extra Crunchy PB.

Alrite guys I know my diet needs a lot of improvement so help me out here.

Once again Id like to say Im happy to finally be a member at Elite. :D

Last edited:
that's awesome that you're into fitness at only 15 years of age.

honestly, you can probably eat just about anything wholesome in order to grow. i would just focus on getting good quality protein (which it looks like you are already doing) and maybe getting your parents to buy some protein bars (tell them you don't have a lot of energy or that you're really hungry in the mornings and that you read somewhere that you should eat protein bars to feel better - they'll buy them for you if you put them on a guilt trip ;) ).

keep it up, man.

Really, there are only a few things I would change. Drop all of the fruit and replace it with green veggies. Now, the jiff is not a natural peanut butter. It is packed with hydrogenated oil. That can reduce gains in muscle mass, reduce insulin sensitivity (makes gaining fat easier and can lead to the development of type II diabetes), as well as lead to cardiovascular disease later in life. Replace it with "natrual peanutt butter". Snack on some peanuts between classes during that 5 1/2 hour window in the morning where you can't eat.

Thank you both for your replies. Would you mind explaining why the veggies are an improvement over the fruit. I cant really imagine eating veggies with breakfast but hey Im willing to try anything.

veggies have more vitamins and minerals, less sugar, more fiber (generally).

some people will tell you to avoid fruit, but that's just crazy talk ;) -- if it comes from the earth, it's going to be healthy for you.

however, i do agree that getting some green veggies is a smart thing to do (try steamed broccoli if you don't like the taste of vegetables). and you should also try to take a daily multivitamin like centrum.

I agree, nix JiF; although do not discard fruit completely - soluble fibers are great for liver health, insulin sensitivity and hence glucose uptake. Also I would opt for some healthy sources of fat: Fish/Flax/Olive oils are great - EFA's constitute part of cell membranes, are great for cardiovascular and joint health and are essential to your nervous system (construct myelin sheath, protective layers, etc..).

as far as helping in getting a meal in your 7-12 hiatus - make a protein shake: 2 scoop whey + tbsp healthy fats or scoop of oats...and drink it during break....exactly what i did back in HS
hope this helps..

peace..

Should I drink one or two of the aforementioned shakes during this time period? Also, are lightly salted nuts a no no because of the sodium?

BodyByFinaplix said:
Really, there are only a few things I would change. Drop all of the fruit and replace it with green veggies. Now, the jiff is not a natural peanut butter. It is packed with hydrogenated oil. That can reduce gains in muscle mass, reduce insulin sensitivity (makes gaining fat easier and can lead to the development of type II diabetes), as well as lead to cardiovascular disease later in life. Replace it with "natrual peanutt butter". Snack on some peanuts between classes during that 5 1/2 hour window in the morning where you can't eat.

right on, almost exactly what i was thinking
instead of just the peanuts i was thinking a thick pb (natural) and banana sanwhich

i think 2 servings of fruit and 2-3 servings of veggies is just about right

i'm impressed with your dedication at 15, keep it up

Your first post-workout meal MUST be something other than just plain whey protein. You need either dextrose, or a maltodextrin/dextrose mix, WITH the whey protein, or you are not giving yourself an ample recovery shake immediately after training.

That's the biggest error I can see. If you can also get more protein from another source instead of 3 cartons of milk at lunch, like another chicken breast, do that.

~SC~

Could anyone tell me some source dextrose and malodextrin, and explain to me what they are, thank you.

Learning new things everyday lol.

Top Bottom