Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contemplating pb and j as opposed to protein shake pw

BEAST420

I saw how much Steve'smi shits on protein shakes so I was wondering if this would be a better option then 2 scoops of syntha 6? I would use protien bread that i am pretty sure is whole grain . There's like 16 g per slice and then 7 from the penut butter... I'm not eating many carbs as I'm trying to stay /get really lean so I eat carbs morning pw meal and there's 30g in syntha 6 which I have immediately pw and the pb and j would have about the same..

You could do that. Honestly though I would eat a cup of blueberries, peanut butter and some cooked egg whites.

You're getting low gi carbs that also are powerful antioxidants, quality fats from the peanut butter, and a high quality protein source from the egg whites.

I would love to add the egg whites but I'm tlking about directly pw... I usally just have a shake , but was wondering if this would be abetter option. As I kno It would taste better... With what big Rick said idk if I should do it now... Stickin with 2scoops of syntha 6 would be better? There is some fat in that thoo. And Alsohow first meal after the shake is ground turkey and brown rice , which doesent contain fat...

I would love to add the egg whites but I'm tlking about directly pw... I usally just have a shake , but was wondering if this would be abetter option. As I kno It would taste better... With what big Rick said idk if I should do it now... Stickin with 2scoops of syntha 6 would be better? There is some fat in that thoo. And Alsohow first meal after the shake is ground turkey and brown rice , which doesent contain fat...

In the grand scope of things, it really doesn't matter much. Do whatever works for you. I know a lot of people believe you need to consume fast acting carbs immediately after dropping your last set of weights on the floor in order to get that glycogen into the muscles, and to avoid the fat so it doesn't slow the process. I don't believe its quite that extreme. You have a lot more time to consume and replenish than people think. As long you eventually replenish enough, I think its fine.

I just wanted to state what a lot of the popular belief is, to give you the bigger picture.

as Rick said, you should avoid eating fats post workout because they slow digestion, and you want to get glycogen and aminos to your muscles ASAP. Also in regards to protein powder, it really isn't gonna hurt you that much. Look for a brand that is from grass-fed cows that aren't given hormones, and if you are sensitive to lactose get an isolate. Yes it's good to limit consumption of whey but is it necessary to get rid of completely? I don't think so.

Top Bottom