Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken breast vs legs

Hoielin

Is there any difference between the chicken meat you get from the legs and the breasts? Everyone seems to recommend the breasts, but the legs are sold so cheap now, so why not use them instead?

If you take the raw meat, then there is no difference at all. What matters the most is the skin and fat – if you remove those, the meat will be exactly the same. I guess that more people recommend the breasts because it is the least pain in the ass to get more meat out of them.

Is there any difference between the chicken meat you get from the legs and the breasts? Everyone seems to recommend the breasts, but the legs are sold so cheap now, so why not use them instead?

This is a simple one. There's more meat on one than the other. And, not that it's a big deal, one a dark meat and the other isn't. Both are fine.

The white meat in poultry, which is found in the breast, is lower in fat and calories then the dark meat in poultry, which is found in the wing, drumstick and thigh.

That's the main reason people pick chicken breast over legs. They are lower in fat and calories.

Also, they're easier to eat. If you buy boneless skinless chicken breast - it's just chicken. You don't have to dissect or pick away at it like you do with a chicken leg.

Chicken breast is basically pure protein and super easy to cook. Legs have a bit of fat to them but I guess they are easy to cook as well. I guess just mix it up if you like both.

Top Bottom