Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calories needed to exchange BF for LBM on Var Only?

kagenical

This is my first official thread here at EF, so I want to say hello to everyone first.

As a 24 year old male with a few cycles under my belt, I've decided to finally bite the bullet and get the physique I've wanted since I lost 80lbs and started lifting at 18. I'll be starting a 50mg/ed Var cycle relatively soon, with the hopes of exchanging as much body fat for lean muscle as possible. At 5' 10", 175lbs and around 13% BF (recently caliper measured) with some basic muscle separation and definition finally visible after an 8 week cut. I respond relatively well to var, even as low as 40mg/ed.

For the record, I've still got a ways to go before hitting my genetic potential, so I'm not too worried about long-term gains (aka I can keep just about anything I get). At most, I'd love to lose 5lbs of fat and gain 3-4lbs of lean tissue over the 6.5 week course.

Historically, I gain fat much easier than muscle, and spent the majority of my childhood on the border of obesity. So, my question... How many calories should I be eating? No matter the number, I'll be getting close to 200g protein daily from food and whey sources - and I'll be limiting fats to flax seeds and healthy oils. I've eaten clean for 5 years now, and I don't intend to stop any time soon. I work as a chef, and have constant access to scraps of lean meat, fish and seafood while on the line, but my job is relatively sedentary (minus the 8 straight hours of standing a day).

Also, does anyone know what I can do to replace Whey protein in my diet completely? No matter the brand, or the filtration method used, I bloat up from a 25-30g serving of the stuff. Any other fast digesting source available to take post workout?

Cheers everyone, see you around the board.

I bought a bodybug which calculates your daily calories spent. It uses a few different sensors and is 90% accurate. When I was bulking I was eating 3800 calories... and I was able to drop about 3% fat with that cal intake. Since I been cutting, I bought the bodybug and it says I burn an average of 4200 calories per day on workout days. So, basically even when I was bulking I was eating under what I was burning. I only been cutting for about 2.5 weeks and I lost around 4-5 lbs.

If I were you, I'd stick with eating the same exact thing at the same exact time everyday(clean wholesome foods), and tweak it as you go. Just my .02.

Top Bottom